Opportunities, East and West
- Israeli Challenge. Sandier, Neal // Red Herring;5/28/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 17/18, p21
An interview with Orna Berry, the chairperson of the Israel Venture Association is presented. She offers her outlook on how the weakness of the U.S. dollar will affect the local high technology industry. Her views on the ability of Israel to maintain its status as a high-technology center are...
- How tech gazelle Nitro and biotech gazelle Sirtex show you have to invest in both sectors. Panaccio, Michael // BRW;9/29/2015, p1
The article focuses on the difference between technology investment and life science investment from an investor point of view to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of the both for managing portfolio effectively. It mentions the difference in capital required for technological startups and...
- Grants to be awarded. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;7/3/95, Vol. 11 Issue 27, p2
Reports on a grant program called Partners for Growth, to selected new or start-up businesses that combine a socially responsible mission with a good business plan, sponsored by AT&T Capital Corp. and the American Institute of CPAs.
- Starting a biz to be focus of workshop. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p43A
Reports that the Neighborhood Self-Employment Initiative and the Central Indiana Women's Business Center will offer a free workshop on starting a business in Indianapolis, Indiana. Topics to be covered; Contact information.
- Silicon prairie on the horizon. Mullen, Georgia // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov99, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p22
Informs that more start-up companies and private equity financiers are looking for opportunities outside the high-rent United States districts such as California's Silicon Valley and Massachusetts's high-technology corridor in Boston.
- Big ideas, small places. Krantz, Michael // MediaWeek;6/5/95, Vol. 5 Issue 23, p24
Focuses on the proliferation of startup companies in the digital era. Performance of two-year-old company Brilliant Media, a software developer; Pulse Entertainment's specialization on computer games; Debut of beta version of America Online's Web browser; Publishing experiment of Menlo Park...
- How to start your own business. Chang, Milton // Laser Focus World;Mar95, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p60
Part I. Discusses considerations for engineers and scientists in starting and running a high-technology business. Raising capital; Need to adopt a low-risk model; Background on the success of Iris Medical Instruments Inc.
- How do you put a price on an invention? Chang, Milton // Laser Focus World;Jul99, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p58
Offers information on establishing a high technology business. Price for inventions; Funding of venture capitalist for starting high technology companies; Options for starting a company with inventions shared by two people.
- How to start new ventures in Europe. Melles, Jan A. // Laser Focus World;Feb94, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p55
Opinion. Comments on the attractiveness of Europe as a site for starting ventures in the electro-optics industry. Characteristics of the European industry in comparison with that of the United States; Issues of financing and location.