Security Education: It's the Intensity of the Experience
- SPS elects Shwe to second term. // Physics Today;Feb80, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p92
Reports on the reelection of Hla Shwe, a professor of physics at East Stroudsburg State College in Pennsylvania, as president of the National Council of the Society of Physics Students. Career background; Other elected officials of the council; Terms of office.
- DIRECTIONS IN LAW FOCUSED TEACHER EDUCATION. // Education;Spring77, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p294
There has been an increasing concern in many quarters with the inadequate knowledge base and level of understanding of the political, economic and legal-philosophical underpinnings of American society. One of the important new foci is what can be generically labeled "law focused education". An...
- 90% of Energy Security Pros Say We Need Smart Grid Security Standards. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;4/26/2012, p6
The article presents the highlights of an online survey of energy and utility industry security professionals conducted by nCircle which found that 75 percent believe smart grid security to be inadequately addressed.
- INTEGRATORS TAKE NOTE: Security Directors Are Business Executives. Dunkel, Dan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;May2010, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p40
The article offers the author's insights security executives in integrator and security industries. The author discusses the roundtable at the International Security Conference and Exposition (ISC) West show in Las Vegas, Nevada from March 24-26, 2010, wherein it argues to adopt managed services...
- CENTRAL AND EASTERN EUROPEAN SOCIOLOGY IN THE POST-COMMUNIST ERA. Keen, Mike F.; Mucha, Janusz // East European Quarterly;Winter2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p523
The article focuses on sociology in Central and Eastern Europe in the post-communist era. The failure to anticipate the demise of the Communist system is considered one of the failures of sociology in the continent. Sociology was subordinated to the political authorities during the socialist...
- CHAPTER ROLL. // American Economist;Spring2005, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p94
Presents a list of state chapters, universities and their corresponding faculty advisers, of Omicron Delta Epsilon honor society, which publishes "The American Economist," in the U.S.
- Sponsors make city academies a reality. Day, Karen // Public Finance;09/22/2000, p18
Reports that businesses and the Church of England are sponsoring the first three city academies in Great Britain. Part of a campaign to replace failing inner-city schools; Funding pledged by the Centre for British Teachers; Government's commitment to take part in the initiative to modernize...
- Periodicals Available from Caddo Gap Press 2005. // Multicultural Education;Spring2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p63
This section lists ten key periodicals in the fields of educational foundations, multicultural education and teacher education that are available from Caddo Gap Press in 2005. "Educational Foundations," is an independent quarterly journal in the social foundations of education and features...
- Delinking incentives from the age of Fellows of scientific academies and SSB awardees. Bujurke, N. M. // Current Science (00113891);12/10/2009, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p1519
The article offers information on the University Grants Commission (UGC) Circular Clause 3.3 modification of the UGC guidelines. It discusses the broadening of the retirement age of teachers from 60 years to 60-65. It notes that the schemes should widen its scope and be based on the performance...