- Puerto Rico major buyer of Uruguay meat. Ruano, Lida Estrella // Caribbean Business;3/13/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the trade opportunities between Puerto Rico and Uruguay. Importance of cattle in Uruguay's agricultural industry; Comments by Diez de Medina; Plans for a trade mission from Puerto Rico in October 1997; List of areas for investment in Uruguay; Emphasis on infrastructure projects by...
- Los reactivados astilleros de la Armada Uruguaya, tras el patrullero oceánico sudamericano. Bonilla, Javier // Tecnologia Militar;2009, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p55
No abstract available.
- Uruguay's free trade zone allows entry into Mercosur. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;12/21/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p51
Reports on a trade mission to San Juan, Puerto Rico headed by Uruguay Ambassador to the United States Hugo Fernandez Faingold. Goal of deepening relations between Puerto Rico and Uruguay; Uruguay President Jorge Batlle's visit to San Juan in 2001; Promotion of Uruguay's Zona Franca Rivera free...
- Export accessibility in Uruguay. // Uruguay Economic Studies;2000, p24
Discusses trade accessibility within Uruguay that can be used by the business community as a tool to determine whether a strategic investment into the area is worthwhile. Its major imports and exports; Export strategies; Currency in use within the country; Exchange rates; Import and export...
- Puerto Rico targeted for Uruguayan trade mission. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;11/16/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p35
Reports on the plan of Uruguay to expand commercial exchanges with Puerto Rico. Visit of Uruguay Ambassador to the United States Hugo Faingold to Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico's door into Mercosur. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;3/26/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on statements state made by Uruguay's honorary deputy counsultant in Puerto Rico, Ariel Alonso, regarding trade between Uruguay and Puerto Rico. What items Alsono thinks Puerto Rico can successfully export to Uruguay; Plans by Uruguay to privatize most of its state services; Benefits of...
- Thoughts Occasioned by My Father-in-law Garlic, and Montevideo's Mercado Modelo. Madden, Patrick // Fourth Genre: Explorations in Nonfiction;Spring2007, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p49
This essay presents the author's remembrances of his father-in-law, who worked in a fruit market in Montevideo, Uruguay. Much of what he did involved hauling sacks of garlic, and the author ponders the history of the peculiar ingredient. He also wonders about the complex chain of commerce that...
- 'The Present Government Is Strictly Following a Market Economy.'. // World & I;Nov2002, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p38
Interviews Ambassador Kassahun Ayele of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia. Information on the Marxist five-year plan of the Ethiopian government; Details on the peace treaty between Ethiopia and Eritrea; Role of the U.S. in Ethiopia. INSET: Abyssinian and Eritrean History.
- Technology and rice seek local market entry. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;12/21/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p51
Reports that Montevideo, Uruguay-based High Tech is searching for an alliance with a Puerto Rican information technology (IT) company for its health smart card. Founding of High Tech by general director Eduardo Gomez Canon; Participation in the Uruguay trade mission to San Juan in December...