Journey On Paper
- Get it in writing. Caruso, Denise // Real Simple;Jun2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p155
Most people approach the practice of writing anything at all with the terror. Even those of us who once bothered to keep a diary finally abandoned it as a tedious rehash of the same old daily events and problems. But a growing number of people have discovered that writing down one's thoughts and...
- From the pages of my life. Berman, Harry J. // Generations;Spring91, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p33
Delves into the concept of journal writing as a creative activity for the aged. Evolution of personal journal as a literary form; Journal writing as a trend in Western culture; Characteristics; Themes in personal journals of later life; Explanation on the cliche `you're only as old as you feel'.
- Truth and Consequences. Porter, Helen Fogwill // Books in Canada;Apr92, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p8
Discusses the exercise of creativity in fictional and non-fictional writing. Definition and styles in fictional writing; Prestige and fame distinction between fictional and non-fictional writers; Moral and ethical aspects of fictional writing; Social implications of non-fiction writing.
- Challenging Expectations of Failure: Engaging "Difficult" Students in the Creative Process. Sala, Nura Rose // Teachers & Writers;12/7/2015, p1
The article presents suggestions on engaging problem students in creative process of writing and authorship.
- Journal Jottings. Baldwin, Mary // Cobblestone;Feb2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p30
The article presents tips for keeping a journal.
- Write NOW. Trope, Zoe // New Moon;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p24
No abstract available.
- Almost on the road. Kerouac, Jack // Literary Cavalcade;Oct98, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p12
Presents excerpts of a journal centering on the author's travels around the United States and his literary works. Insights on self, American life and Allen Ginsberg; Experiences in states visited; Development of written works `The Town and The City' and `On the Road'; Regrets in life.
- The journal page. Munster, Bill // Literary Cavalcade;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p32
Offers advice in literary writing. Journal writing; Topics.
- Writing Is Good for You. Beaubien, Greg // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2014, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses a study which showed that writing can improve a person's life and work including taking notes to be more productive and writing in journal to help see one's own growth.