We're Turning 40
- Honoring the Past and Looking to the Future. James // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the history of "Sporting Goods Business" magazine and provides a brief biographical sketch. The magazine was launched in 1968 as a free publication for sporting goods retailers and is now part of the SportsOneSource Group. The author states that the biggest change is that...
- Now in Season. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p4
The article presents an overview of this issue of "Sporting Goods Business." Topics covered in this issue include an examination of the athletic footwear category, SportScan INFO research, the performance of the running shoe category, and the changing landscape of the licensed product industry....
- SportsOneSource to Acquire SGB and Related Properties. // SGB;Sep2006, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p12
The article looks at how SportsOneSource Group and "Sporting Goods Business," two of the leading information resources serving the sporting goods retail market, are joining forces, offering the industry a single, comprehensive source for trade news, analysis, career services, and market research...
- Shifting Perspectives. Carr, Bob // SGB;Sep2006, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p16
The article presents Bob Carr's reflection of his work with "Sporting Goods Business" ("SGB"). In the article, Carr discusses how the importance of apparel and footwear industries changed during his time at "SGB", including the growth of specialty stores such as Foot Locker, changes in finance...
- Visionary Oakley Expanding Sales Strategy. O'Loughlin, Sandra // Brandweek;4/28/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the plan of Oakley Inc., a provider of eyewear and other sporty accessories, to boost its marketing efforts. Information on its advertising campaign; Increase in the net sales revenue posted by Oakley during the first quarter of 2003; Company's spending on media in 2002.
- Reebok Feels the `Flow,' Sprints to Print via $37M Push for DMX, Classic. Lefton, Terry // Brandweek;02/14/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p5
Discusses the launching by Reebok of a global brand campaign that leverage DMX cushioning technology as a differentiator and reaffirms the company's pattern of advertisements. Information on the theme Feel the Flow; What the work will attempt.
- CEO CORNER. Carison, Matt // NSGA Now;Feb/Mar2013 NOW Issue, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the new Insights NOW section, the importance of advertising, and sporting goods retailers.
- Everlast Steps into Ring. Dolbow, Sandra // Brandweek;11/06/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the brand awareness efforts of Everlast Worldwide, a sporting goods company, following the October 2000 purchase of Everlast by Active Apparel Group, a licensee of Everlast. Executive to head the worldwide licensing efforts of Everlast; In-store events of Everlast with sporting goods...
- Asics eyes greater share of growing running market. Joseph, Sebastian // Marketing Week (Online Edition);1/22/2013, p7
The article reports that Japanese sportswear developer Asics is targeting the international market. It states that the company will unveil an international advertising campaign. According to the author, the campaign aims to attract consumers and encourage them to enhance their performance as...