Let Spirit Guide Leadership
- Some employers skeptical of rosy report on FMLA. Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;5/6/96, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p2
Reports on opposition to the Family and Medical Leave Act. Comment by Libby Sartain of Southwest Airlines Company; Impact of the law on Southwest Airlines; Reference to survey issued by the Family and Medical Leave Commission; Details of the Family and Medical Leave Act; View of Senator...
- That Sartain Touch. Shuit, Douglas P. // Workforce Management;Aug2003, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p42
Features human resources professional Libby Sartain. Career background; Information on how Sartain has won friends within the human resources field; Details of how Sartain handled the layoffs at Yahoo; Book written.
- Libby's Life in HR -so far. Frauenheim, Ed // Workforce Management;5/19/2008, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p1
The article presents an interview with Libby Sartain, a former people chief at Yahoo Inc. When asked about her earlier experience at Mary Kay Inc., she refers to the founder of the firm's philosophy and maintaining the balance between work and life. Sartain considers that the symbols of freedom,...
- Peak Performances. Pomeroy, Ann // HR Magazine;Apr2007, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p48
The article reports on the status of women in the human resources (HR) professions in the U.S. According to the author, the proportion of women to men in HR executive ranks did not change much. Libby Sartain of Yahoo! Inc. stated that women who compete for top positions are confronted with...
- Ready to Soar. Leonard, Bill // HR Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p52
Profiles Libby Sartain, incoming board chair of the Society for Human Resource Management in 2001. Reason for her decision to seek the office of board chair; Origin of her interest in human resources; Job history.
- Conveying freedom. Elswick, Jill // Employee Benefit News;Sep2001, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the benefits communication initiative of Southwest Airlines based on the eight freedoms wherein employees have an opportunity to enjoy, such as the freedom to pursue good health. Overview of the internal freedom branding campaign of the company; List of Southwest's eight employee...
- Enhance Your Sense of Self-Mirth. Braverman, Terry; Petrini, Catherine // Training & Development;Jul93, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p9
Describes how a philosophy of fun and humor has helped keep employees and management at Southwest Airlines Corp. and other companies have a happy and profitable work life. Effect of mirthful laughter on the body; Results of a survey on the value of humor in business; Obstacles to developing a...
- Seats at the table, but who's ready? E. F. // Workforce Management;5/19/2008, Vol. 87 Issue 9, p21
The article presents views of Libby Sartain, a member of the board of directors at Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc., on the growing involvement of human resource (HR) leaders with such boards. Sartain cites the lack of HR practitioners who are prepared for top jobs in the field. It mentions her opinion...
- HR from the Heart (Book). Frost, Mike // HR Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p187
Reviews the non-fiction book 'HR From the Heart,' by Libby Sartain and Martha I. Finney.