HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY
- Editorial. Esbroeck, Raoul // International Journal for Educational & Vocational Guidance;Sep2009, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p153
The article introduces several articles in this issue of the periodical including one by Ada Sinacore and colleagues on "Cultural Transitioning of Jewish Immigrants: Education, Employment and Integration," another by Paulo Cardoso and JoÃ£o Manuel Moreira on "Self-Efficacy Beliefs and the...
- Editorial. Rossier, Jérôme // International Journal for Educational & Vocational Guidance;Jul2012, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p87
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including quality assurance in vocational guidance in Europe, youth vocational interest and character strengths, and the analysis of career development work-related documents from 1990 to 2009.
- BACKSTAGE EXPERTS. HOLBROOK, BRAD // Back Stage (19305966);10/31/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 44, p12
The author advises actors to take acting classes, but warns them to first investigate how they would fit their career.
- Q&A. // Utility Week;4/15/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p27
An interview with Cable&Wireless Worldwide field assurance senior engineer Shelley Lee is presented. She relates that working in Marks & Spencer is her first job. She describes the best and worst parts of her job at Cable&Wireless. She also cites her dream job, her most treasured possession, and...
- Shaping THE INDEPENDENT Actor. Orenstein, Ellen // American Theatre;Jan2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p36
The article introduces a series of interviews with acting teachers on the independence of students. Teachers interviewed include Christopher Bayes, Valerie Curtis-Newton, Olympia Dukakis, William Esper, Robyn Hunt, Mary Overlie, Andrei Serban, and Ron Van Lieu.
- APPLYING THE THEORY OF CAREER CONSTRUCTION TO FRANK. Rehfuss, Mark C. // Career Planning & Adult Development Journal;Spring2007, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p68
The article focuses on the application of the career construction theory in the case of Frank, a vice-president in an investment bank in New York City. Savickas stated that counselors view a person's career as being about meaning and mattering. The model of this theory uses a narrative approach...
- Career Self-Efficacy and Perceptions of Parent Support in Adolescent Career Development. Turner, Sherri; Lapan, Richard T. // Career Development Quarterly;Sep2002, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p44
Provides information on a study which examined the relative contributions of both proximal and distal supports to the career interests and vocational self-efficacy in a multiethnic sample of middle school adolescents. Purpose of school guidance programs; Recommendation by the National Career...
- Ed's Letter. McCahon, Bronwyn // Dolly;Sep2005, Issue 419, p15
Presents the author's view on choosing a career. Study technique of the author; Career background; Advice on career path.
- PROFILE AND CAREER ASPIRATION OF MALAYSIAN RETURNEES. Ismail, Maimunah; Baki, Nordahlia Umar; Yeop Kamaruddin, Noor Ainun // Organizations & Markets in Emerging Economies;2015, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p121
This study examined profiles and predictors of career aspiration of Malaysian returnees from European and non-European countries. This study, involving 226 returnees, was carried out in the industrialized areas of the Klang Valley, Johore Bharu and Penang, and the state of Sabah. Based on the...