- Growing Motivation. Hall, Alison // Financial & Insurance Meetings;May/Jun2007, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p24
An interview with Patricia Kerr, director for the distribution sales support of Manulife Canada, is presented. She states that the goal of the company is to increase sales. She says that their Master Builder service award recognizes continuous production of their advisers. She mentions that...
- Help for Small Meetings. Andelman, Bob // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p23
Provides the services provided by major domestic hotel companies for small meetings in the U.S. Room rates of Crowne Plaza Hotels; Approach of sales representatives at Fairmont Hotels; Sales contact of Hyatt Hotels for small meeting planner.
- Must-Have Info for Rooming Lists. Kustwan, Mark // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;11/1/2011, p5
A list of information that meeting and event organizers should include in their rooming lists is presented which include the last and first names of attendees, arrival date and arrival time.
- Going Green Can Help Hotels Gain Meeting Business. // AirGuide Online.com;3/15/2010, p3
The article reports on the initiative taken by the meeting planners on the environmental friendliness of hotels.
- Untitled. Farmer, Nancy // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p61
An interview with Nancy Farmer, senior conference and planning specialist at The Hanover Insurance Group in Worcester, Massachusetts, is presented. She describes how her hotel experience helped her as a meeting planner. She explains the advantages of a strong sponsorship program for the...
- Catering to Docs. Collins, Martha // Medical Meetings;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p67
Presents an interview with James Montague, chairman of Professional Meeting Planners Network, about the effect of government and media on physician dinner meetings. Challenges faced by planners in negotiating contracts for dinner meetings; Reason of planners for choosing hotel restaurants and...
- Is Your Hotel a Safe Place? Pelletier, Sue // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Dec2003, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p15
Reports on the offering of safety and security accreditations to hotels by SafePlace Corp. in Wilmington, Delaware. Reduction in meeting planners' exposure to third-party security claims; Enhancement of hotel security measures; Number of SafePlace accreditation recipients.
- Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. Pelletier, Sue // Medical Meetings;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p80
Features the Ritz-Carlton hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. Number of rooms; Structural description of the hotel; Amenities offered for meeting planners.
- Top 10 Meeting Hotels from Cvent. // Association Meetings;Jun2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p21
The article presents a list of the top 10 hotels in the U.S., based on feedback provided by meeting planners in the Cvent Supplier Network including The Peabody Orlando in Florida in first place, Gaylord Opryland Hotel and Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee in second place, and Hyatt...