BIG MOVES AT MARRIOTT
- PROTECTING YOUR BUSINESS. Starke, Andrew // Australian Hotelier;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses an approach towards legal and other compliance issues for the Australian hospitality industry to avoid potential problems before they occur. It illustrates the cases of The Gaslight Inn in Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales and Royal Hotel's dealing with McLardy McShane...
- techTALK. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/20/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 16, p68
Reports on developments in the hospitality industry in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004. Adoption of a private-label capability of the Sharelt Online product of Interactive Sites by Wyndham International Inc.; Pilot test of the EasyPoint Xpress product of NCR Corp by Marriott International...
- Signs Of Light Emerging. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
The article presents an outlook on the economy of Saint Kitts and Nevis. It relates that the economic challenges facing the island are caused by its poor external demand and a debt burden of 180% of gross domestic product (GDP). Some of the economic sectors affected by the decline in tourist...
- Tracking the turnaround. // Hotel & Motel Management;7/15/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 13, p3
Reports on financial indicators that signal the recovery of the U.S. lodging industry from the recession. Aggressiveness of hotel lenders; Relaxation of investment requirements by private equity markets.
- BRITS ABROAD. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/6/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4722, p51
The article presents an interview with Robert Watson, the chief concierge of the Willard Intercontinental hotel in Washington DC. When asked what does his role as chief concierge entail, he says he is in charge of guest experiences at the Willard Intercontinental. He says that he tries to give...
- In the Loop. Teal, Derrick // Sustainable Facility;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including sustainable hospitality programs, successful tenant buy in at Caterpillar Financial Services and the use of a floor mat program to promote facility sustainability in the U.S.
- Trust, reputation guide distributor choices. Perkins, Caroline // Nation's Restaurant News;3/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p34
Presents an interview with Stephen Marshall, executive chef at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Henderson, Nevada. Personal background; Education and training in culinary arts; Career highlights.
- ACOUSTICS Q&A: RILEY JOHNDONNELL SURFACE HOTEL (AND
SURFACE MAGAZINE). // Hospitality Design;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p19
This article presents an interview with Riley Johndonnell, co-publisher of a decade-old design publication that is launching its own design-rich hotel as of January 2004. Surface hotel, opening in Manhattan, New York City in spring 2004, might be the first of a new magazine-driven franchise....
- My worst job. Druce, Chris // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/22/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4468, p38
An interview with Sally Beck, director of sales and marketing at Landmark hotel in London, England, is presented. She describes the worst job that she had been into. She relates her previous jobs prior to entering the hospitality industry. She mentions that she enjoys great autonomy in her role...