BIG MOVES AT MARRIOTT
- PROTECTING YOUR BUSINESS. Starke, Andrew // Australian Hotelier;Jun2010, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p18
The article discusses an approach towards legal and other compliance issues for the Australian hospitality industry to avoid potential problems before they occur. It illustrates the cases of The Gaslight Inn in Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales and Royal Hotel's dealing with McLardy McShane...
- techTALK. // Hotel & Motel Management;9/20/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 16, p68
Reports on developments in the hospitality industry in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004. Adoption of a private-label capability of the Sharelt Online product of Interactive Sites by Wyndham International Inc.; Pilot test of the EasyPoint Xpress product of NCR Corp by Marriott International...
- Signs Of Light Emerging. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Jan2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p11
The article presents an outlook on the economy of Saint Kitts and Nevis. It relates that the economic challenges facing the island are caused by its poor external demand and a debt burden of 180% of gross domestic product (GDP). Some of the economic sectors affected by the decline in tourist...
- Tracking the turnaround. // Hotel & Motel Management;7/15/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 13, p3
Reports on financial indicators that signal the recovery of the U.S. lodging industry from the recession. Aggressiveness of hotel lenders; Relaxation of investment requirements by private equity markets.
- BRITS ABROAD. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/6/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4722, p51
The article presents an interview with Robert Watson, the chief concierge of the Willard Intercontinental hotel in Washington DC. When asked what does his role as chief concierge entail, he says he is in charge of guest experiences at the Willard Intercontinental. He says that he tries to give...
- In the Loop. Teal, Derrick // Sustainable Facility;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including sustainable hospitality programs, successful tenant buy in at Caterpillar Financial Services and the use of a floor mat program to promote facility sustainability in the U.S.
- Highland Highlights. Sternthal, Erin F. // Travel Agent;1/12/204, Vol. 315 Issue 5, p24
Interviews Peter Crome, managing director of Dornoch, Scotland's Skibo Castle and Estate. Brief background of experience in the hospitality industry; Changes being made at the property; Target customers; Facilities and services offered for family vacation.
- Gudenau's operational expertise helps diversify global company. Nozar, Robert A. // Hotel & Motel Management;09/21/98, Vol. 213 Issue 16, p98
Presents an interview with Bill Gudenau, developer and operator of Holiday Inn hotel in East Lansing, Michigan. Reputation; Management strategies; Comment about the hotel industry's growth in the United States; Future worldwide expansion plans.
- Trust, reputation guide distributor choices. Perkins, Caroline // Nation's Restaurant News;3/21/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p34
Presents an interview with Stephen Marshall, executive chef at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Henderson, Nevada. Personal background; Education and training in culinary arts; Career highlights.