THE Culinary IN QUISITION
- Foxx: Limit Federal Role in Higher Ed. JONES, JOYCE // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;3/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p8
An interview with U.S. Representative Virginia Foxx is presented. She comments that under her leadership, the House Education Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training will focus on regulatory issues and oversight. When asked about federal student loans, she says the committee will...
- Accountability, Bureaucratic Bloat, and Federal Funding of Higher Education. // Academe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p52
An interview with Virginia Foxx, representative of North Carolina, is presented. When asked her priorities in 2012, she refers to ensuring that taxpayer dollars are being well spent. She believes that state and local governments are better at overseeing, funding and producing results in...
- Chillin' w/AC. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2010, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p14
An interview with chef Andrew Carmellini is presented. When asked regarding his gadget, he says it is an interface board that he uses in playing music at the recording studio inside his house. He admits that they don't cook at home unless it is something simple such as roasted chicken and salad....
- Hot Ribs, Hot Riffs. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun2008, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p14
An interview with chef Ken Callaghan is presented. When asked about his everyday life, he reflects on his extra curricular activities besides cooking. He also stated how his family loves eating ribs, and how they spend their time together as a family. He also provides information on what kind of...
- Truly Mexican. Rowe, Megan // Restaurant Hospitality;May2012, p36
An interview with chef Roberto SantibaÃ±ez is presented. When asked about the ingredients which he imports from Mexico, SantibaÃ±ez said, it is chiles. When asked about the state of Mexican restaurant food in the U.S. SantibaÃ±ez said, several chefs never put enough lime juice in salad of...
- Hill tries not overreach on 401(k) reform. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;6/15/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p41
Interviews Representative Baron Hill (D-Ind.). Significance of the Pension Security Act co-sponsored by Hill; Problem with mandating limits in 401(k) plans; His opinion of whether the Enron crisis have made employees less secure about the safety of their retirement funds.
- THE SENATE'S QUIET MAN HITS A HOMER. Katz, Lee Michael // National Journal;8/3/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p2324
Interviews U.S. Senator Paul S. Sarbanes (D-Md.). Impression of Sarbanes on the economic team of U.S. President George W. Bush; Discussion on whether corporate scandal will affect the President and vice-president of the U.S.; Comment on whether Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Harvey...
- Russ Feingold. Rothschild, Matthew // Progressive;May2002, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p29
Interviews U.S. Senator Russ Feingold (D-Wis.). Opinion on the Democratic Leadership Council; Views on deficit reduction; Discussion on campaign finance law; Response on the USA Patriot Act.
- MEET THE LAWMAKER: REP. PETE OLSON (R-TEXAS), 22ND DISTRICT. Hilder, Miles // Hill;7/23/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 88, p27
An interview with U.S. Representative Pete Olson is presented.