THE Culinary IN QUISITION
- Foxx: Limit Federal Role in Higher Ed. JONES, JOYCE // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;3/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p8
An interview with U.S. Representative Virginia Foxx is presented. She comments that under her leadership, the House Education Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training will focus on regulatory issues and oversight. When asked about federal student loans, she says the committee will...
- Accountability, Bureaucratic Bloat, and Federal Funding of Higher Education. // Academe;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p52
An interview with Virginia Foxx, representative of North Carolina, is presented. When asked her priorities in 2012, she refers to ensuring that taxpayer dollars are being well spent. She believes that state and local governments are better at overseeing, funding and producing results in...
- Tastes Of Jamaica. Permenter, Paris; Bigley, John // Jamaica: A Taste of the Island;1999, p215
Presents information on foods and delicacies offered in Jamaica. Essential cooking ingredients in Jamaica's national dish; Sample recipes of local foods; Spices found in the island.
- The recipes file. // Country Living;Jan2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p101
Presents recipes of different type of food as of January 2003.
- The Changing 'Ides' of Home Meal Preparation. Parnell, Josie // Frozen Food Age;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p6
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of coping with the changes in her home meal preparation as her daughter left their home for law school.
- What's Cooking? Anderson, Linda // Hopscotch;Dec2006/Jan2007, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p13
A quiz concerning the type of food based on the ingredients given is presented.
- What's hot and what's not: Chefs score '95 offerings. Parseghian, Pamela; Weiland, Jeanne // Nation's Restaurant News;12/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p29
Presents a compilation of several chefs' opinions on and rating of different recipes and food items. Veal cheeks, dried fish eggs, oxtails and others; Best selling and worst selling appetizers, main courses and desserts.
- Home on the range. // Restaurant Business;12/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 18, p123
Presents recipes and features food and cooking products available in the United States. Includes a recipe for London Broil Salad; National Pork Producers Council's distribution of recipe cards; Sanderson Farms chickens; Swiss Miss puddings; CPC Hellmann's Best Foods mayonnaise.
- GET ORIENTED. McCluskey, Aileen // Restaurant Business;04/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p96
Features several recipes and food products. 'Orange Pork'; Uncle Ben's Recipe brochure; USA Rice Federation brochure.