A $5 Million Carrot
- Dr Mo Ibrahim Doing meaningful things is my motivation. Versi, Anver // African Business;May2006, Issue 320, p26
This article presents an interview with Mohamed Ibrahim, founder of Celtel. When asked if the three different cultures, African, Arab and Western, have a bearing on the way he conduct business, he relates that many influences have played their part in his development and believes that human...
- Untitled. Kelly, Matt; Keene, Lonnie // Compliance Week;Jul2014 Supplement Anti-Bribery, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including programs which root out bribery and corruption, the categories on the survey confronting Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) programs, and ABC risks and compliance programs.
- Cel Tel: Textbook case of small business entrepreneurship. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;6/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p34
Presents the Motorola P935 and the T900, a two-way wireless messaging devices from Cel Tel digital communications company in Puerto Rico. Features of the P935 and the T900; Use of satellite technology for Motorola device; Cost of the products.
- Bribes part of Slovak life. // Slovak Spectator;10/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 40, p10
Focuses on bribery as part of Slovak life, according to a poll by the research agency GfK Praha. Percentage of Slovaks who accepted bribes.
- Change, Anyone? // Prevention India;Mar2012, p14
In this article the author offers his views on corruption growing in the upper class people in South Mumbai, India. He comments sometimes corruption helps in making things easy and accessible to rich people. He criticizes the activity of paying bribes to get work done. He also mentions that big...
- Judicial Corruption, The Right to a Fair Trial, and the Application of Plain Error Review: Requiring Clear and Convincing Evidence of Actual Prejudice or Should We Settle For Justice in the Dark? DiBiagio, Thomas M. // American Journal of Criminal Law;Summer98, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p595
Provides information on a review by the U.S. Supreme Court on a case of collateral judicial corruption involving bribes to secure acquittals and results for the defendant in extrinsic trials in the U.S. Interests in which public confidence in the criminal justice system is founded; Facts of the...
- Corruption Hits All Aspects of Life in India. Sullivan, Tim // India -- West;9/2/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 41, pA35
The article focuses on the endeavor to eliminate corruption in India, which has become an everyday part of the Indian society such as the compulsion of bribery to get things done.
- Ex-MoD buyer pleads guilty in bribes case. // Supply Management;3/1/2012, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that former British Ministry of Defence purchaser William Marks pleaded guilty to 11 counts of corruption related to the acceptance of bribes and three counts of money laundering.
- Editorial. // European Journal on Criminal Policy & Research;1995, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p5
An overview of the various articles published within the issue of the magazine related to corruption, bribery, fraud and corporate crime is presented, including an assessment of the public corruption in the world, an analysis of the operation Mani pulite, or clean hands, in Italy, and a review...