A $5 Million Carrot
- Dr Mo Ibrahim Doing meaningful things is my motivation. Versi, Anver // African Business;May2006, Issue 320, p26
This article presents an interview with Mohamed Ibrahim, founder of Celtel. When asked if the three different cultures, African, Arab and Western, have a bearing on the way he conduct business, he relates that many influences have played their part in his development and believes that human...
- Africa Calling. // Foreign Affairs;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p24
The article presents an interview with Mo Ibrahim, founder of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, a charitable organization, and founder of the cellular network companies Mobile Systems International and Celtel, which focuses on his ideas about entrepreneurship. Other topics of the interview include the...
- Mark Pieth. // IBA Global Insight;Feb2011, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p23
An interview with Mark Pieth, chairman of the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development Working Group on Bribery in International Business Transactions, is presented. When asked about the importance of combating corruption, Pieth said that he does not believe that corruption is a...
- Untitled. Kelly, Matt; Keene, Lonnie // Compliance Week;Jul2014 Supplement Anti-Bribery, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including programs which root out bribery and corruption, the categories on the survey confronting Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) programs, and ABC risks and compliance programs.
- David Nussbaum. Nelson, James // New Zealand Management;Mar2006, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p40
The article presents an interview with David Nussbaum, CEO of Transparency International, about global corruption. He explains the mission of the company; He reveals how the company measures levels of corruption in a given country. He talks about the estimated money that were lost because of...
- The regional force be with you. James, Ed // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/7/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 40, p48
Presents an interview with Mobile Telecommunications Co. (MTC) of Kuwait director-general Saad al-Barrak about his company's development and the challenges it faces as it continues its expansionist drive. Information on how MTC fared in 2004; Reason why he believes Celtel was the right...
- Cel Tel: Textbook case of small business entrepreneurship. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;6/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p34
Presents the Motorola P935 and the T900, a two-way wireless messaging devices from Cel Tel digital communications company in Puerto Rico. Features of the P935 and the T900; Use of satellite technology for Motorola device; Cost of the products.
- The bribery cycle. Santoni, Cuqui // Caribbean Business;1/14/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p23
In this article the author discusses the cases of bribery and corruption of federal authorities in the Caribbean.
- CONTRACTORS NAMED IN CHARGES ON HUGE AFRICAN WATER PROJECT. Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/23/99, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p16
Reports that construction contractors based in Europe and Canada have been charged in court as responsible for bribery corruption, fraud and perjury in the construction of the Lesotho Highlands Water Project. Joint ventures that are named in the case; Comments from Robert Witherell, senior vice...