- Malone no pretender to throne. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;01/01/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Presents edited transcripts of an interview with John Malone, chairman of United States-based Liberty Media. Future of Liberty Media being part of AT&T; Spinoff plans; Comments on events in Wall Street; State of the U.S. economy; Retransmission consent.
- Unleashing Liberty. // Multichannel News;10/22/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 41, p10
An interview with John Malone, chairman at Liberty Media Corp. is presented. He comments on the cable business and market in the U.S. He mentions his contributions in biomedical engineering and investments made by him in private practices linked to adult stem-cell research. He also comments on...
- Malone again, naturally. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/04/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 50, p7
Interviews AT&T director and shareholder John Malone on his speculations about the possible sale of the AT&T's Broadband cable unit and its other operations. Malone's actions perceived to be divisive for the company; Defense made by Malone of Liberty Media Corp.'s investments; Assessment of the...
- On Topic With John Malone. // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p19
Interviews John Malone, chairman of Starz Encore Group owner Liberty Media about Starz!. Development of the concept of subscriber video-on-demand by Johnny Sie; Plans for News Corp.; Information on Discovery Communications, a programming asset of Starz!.
- Liberty With Content for All. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/12/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 45, p3
An interview is presented with Greg Maffei, Chief Executive Officer of Liberty Media. Maffei discusses the company's purchase of a 40 percent share of the satellite television firm DirecTV from News Corp. He believes satellite television is a more efficient platform for high-definition...
- John Malone discusses deals, digital boxes and advertising. Ross, Chuck // Electronic Media;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p3
Presents an interview with John Malone, discussing deals, digital boxes and advertising.
- Malone looks ahead for more deals. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;1/22/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p1
Interviews TeleCommunications Inc. president and chief executive officer John Malone. Business relationship with Rupert Murdoch through joint venture with sports programming; Plan by networks to start cable news channels; Consumer interest in news; Potential of national and local advertising.
- At Press Time. // Electronic Media;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p1
Presents news briefs on electronic media industry in the United States as of December 6, 1999. Announcement of a business deal by Spartan Communications company; Appointment of Carl Vogel as senior vice president of Liberty Media Group company; Additional full-time analog cable subscribers of...
- Business Briefs. // Electronic Media;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p14
Presents business-related news briefs on electronic media industry in the United States as of December 6, 1999. Termination of Ascent Entertainment Group acquisition by Liberty Media Group; Default judgment won by Barry Diller and USA Network company against Thoughts and Cybermultimedia company;...