EWTN's Crouch: Sizing Up to Succeed
- Vendor relations. Walker, Gerald M. // World Broadcast News;Sep99, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the differences of standards for digital television (DTV) around the world. Effects of the differences on marketing strategies; Preference of United States broadcasters for high-definition television (HDTV); Implementation of DTV with HDTV in Latin America; Option of Australia and...
- Viewers will demand HDTV, say backers. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p36
Discusses disparities between high definition and digital television. Speculations regarding viewer satisfaction with digital television; Significance of cost differences to consumers; Increased pressure on television picture quality from the computer industry.
- Format conversion synchronization. McGoldrick, Paul // Broadcast Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p104
Discusses the format conversion synchronization for digital television in the United States, taking into account the importance of the 35 millimeter film in high definition picture. Materials used in the television programming; Conversion products to help the television broadcasters in the phase...
- Digital broadcasting cram down? Ciciora // CED;Oct99, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p92
Discusses the involvement of special interest groups in broadcast digital television. Auctioning of the parts of the television spectrum; Hidden tax scheme imposed by the government; Search for a high-definition television (HDTV) standard; Implementation of HDTV with the current television...
- HDTV's Killer App. Rosenbaum, Steven // MediaWeek;11/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p18
Talks about the introduction of high-definition television (HDTV) to U.S. households as of November 2002. Estimated percentage of U.S. households which have digital TV; Suggested approaches that will move the market from early adopters to mass consumer demand; Contributions of HD to traditional...
- Out of Tune with HD Opportunity. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p28
Focuses on the conflict between cable industry and television set makers in the U.S. following the arrival of digital television (DTV). Significance of high-definition (HD) television content to DTV; Importance given to hardware in the television industry; Number of HD set-top boxes that...
- How to sell digital to digital sellers. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p2
Focuses on the obstacles to the growth of digital television in the United States. Lack of available high-definition television (HDTV) programming to generate sustained excitement; Absence of viewers to appeal to advertisers; Need for the television industry to develop HDTV-ready programs.
- Here Comes HDTV. // Popular Electronics;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the debut of high definition television in the United States. Definition of digital television (DTV); Government mandate for every broadcaster to provide at least one free DTV channel; Equipment needed to make the transition to DTV.
- Format conversion and synchronization. Betts, Mike // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p108
Presents information on format conversion and synchronization in digital television (DTV). Requirement with high definition-DTV; Problems concerning conversion and synchronization; Products for producing a high-quality, low-resolution image in analog or digital from a high-quality XGA or SVGA...