- Old Brands Spin Some New Threads. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/19/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 124, p13
Reports on sportswear retailer Russell Corp.'s efforts to branch out into new categories. Holding of showroom appointments; Annual sales; Advertising campaign created for the firm by WestWayne; Launch of the Collegiate Legends line of football jerseys.
- Russell's Forecast Triggers Stock Drop. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/29/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 62, p17
Reports on the decline in the trading value of stocks of Russell Corp. after the Atlanta, Georgia-based sportswear company forecasted lower-than-expected third quarter of 2000 earnings. Percentage decline in the trading value of company stocks; Optimism of the company that planned management...
- Acquisitions Aid Russell In Quarterly Turnaround. Lloyd, Brenda // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/1/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the financial performance of sportswear and sporting goods firm Russell Corp. for the second quarter which ended on July 6, 2003. Net income; Increase in sales for the quarter; Net sales in the U.S.; Increase in international net sales; Projected net sales.
- Russell Restructures Amid Rising Costs. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/23/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 15, p2
The article reports on the restructuring plans of Russell Corp. The U.S.-based athletic apparel company plans to reduce workers and shift more overseas business as part of a major restructuring effort. The company was hampered by higher costs, lower sales in its core business and operational...
- Active Up for an '05 Encore. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;1/31/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p10
Present an outlook for the active and sports apparel industry in the U.S. in 2005. Increase in the sales of active apparel in 2004 according to Tom Cove, incoming president of SGMA International; Views of Doug Morton, chief operating officer of The Sports Authority, on the Under Armour brand;...
- GO, RUSS, GO! // Ralph;Nov2004, p184
Focuses on men's sports clothing company Russell Athletic Corp. founded by Benjamin Russell in 1902 in Alabama. Information on the company's tag line, Are You Russell material?; Features of the Power Performance Collection; List of top-level sportspeople who wears Russell's gear.
- 41 Spaulding breakup. // Golf World;12/19/2003, Vol. 57 Issue 24, p48
Reports on the acquisition of Etonic footwear business of Spalding Professional Golf by Russell Athletic Corp. in the U.S. Number of years of Spalding in operation; Breakup of the golf properties of Spalding; Bankruptcy auction of Spalding.
- Russell's Multibrand Strategy Hits Its Stride. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/26/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 112, p11
Focuses on the multibranding strategies of the activewear company Russell Corp. designed to improve its profitability. Financial performance of the company in 2004; Background on the company; Categories of the company's reorganized operations; Sales performance of the company's sports apparel...
- Russell Unveils Vintage NCAA Jerseys. LLoyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;7/14/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the launching of the Collegiate Legends collection, a line of authentic football jerseys of famous college players, by Russell Athletic in July 2003. Examples of former NCAA players that were successful in their professional careers; Other men's apparel launched by Russell Athletic...