- As I see it. Flaherty, Robert J. // Equities;Jan1997, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p11
Interviews retiring National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) president Joseph Hardiman on his ten years at the helm of the Nasdaq stock market. Nasdaq's emphasis on the Internet; Frank Zarb as Hardiman's successor; Relationship with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); Minimum...
- Nasdaq's Global Ambitions. // NACD Directorship;Dec2007/Jan2008, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p18
An interview with Robert Greifeld, chairman and CEO of the Nasdaq Stock Market Inc., is presented. He cites that the fundamental value proposition of Nasdaq is that its market structure offers a more efficient trading methodology for investors. He states that the National Association of...
- Christopher Myers and Tracy Mack. Engberg, Gillian // Book Links;Nov99, Vol. 9 Issue 2, 6 p48
Interviews children's books author and painter Christopher Myers. Authorship of the book `Black Cat'; Collaborations with Walter Dean Myers; Integration of photographs with other materials.
- Truth or Consequences. Bassett, Michael // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p21
The article presents an interview with former National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) enforcement head Barry Goldsmith. When asked what can set off an NASD investigation, he said that it can come up after a routine examination conducted by the NASD. He mentioned that there are about...
- In defense of Nasdaq. Flaherty, Robert J. // Equities;Mar1995, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p44
Defends the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) and the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotation Systems (NASDAQ) stock market. Accomplishments of the NASDAQ; NASD's pioneering efforts on information technology in the development of computer screen-based...
- A suggestion box for NASDAQ. Brooks, George; Flaherty, Robert J. // Equities;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the response made by the US National Association of Security Dealers chief executive officer Frank Zarb concerning the operation of the Nasdaq Market System. Proposal of a system to combine Nasdaq's Small Order System and SelectNet System; Plans announced by NASD to put the OptiMark...
- NASD to Submit Order Display Plan. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;8/6/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 31, p1
Reports the submission of order display proposal by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) to the Securities and Exchange Commission in London. Proposal of Nasdaq for a full-fledged stock exchange; Request for NASD to create quote and trade reporting alternative; Extension of...
- Locked or Crossed. // Traders Magazine;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 150, p6
Reports about several rules approved by the board of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) to control the problems with excessive volatility on Nasdaq. Aims to lease locked and crossed markets; One year pilot program; Rule aims.
- Divorce Final! Nasdaq Makes It Official. Bresiger, Gregory // Traders Magazine;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 184, p14
Focuses on the separation of Nasdaq and the National Association of Securities Dealers. Legal processes of the separation; Comment period given by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission for the separation; Benefits of the separation.