HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY
- Motivation--The Effective Way of Achieving Understanding Of Crisis/Response. Uzzi, John A. // Insurance Advocate;06/19/99, Vol. 110 Issue 25, p36
Deals with the challenges faced by companies, agencies and brokerages in motivating employees in order to achieve success in the market. Possible achievements in developing job design for improvement within an organization; Challenges in redesigning departments of a company; Management...
- The trouble with motivation... Luptakova, Stanislava // Slovak Spectator;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p5
Discusses the role of motivation in personnel management. Myths about the concept of motivation; Common misconception about motivation; Role of managers in motivating employees to work.
- THE DIFFUSION OF NEW WORK STRUCTURES: Explaining Why Success Didn't Take. Walton, Richard E. // Organizational Dynamics;Winter75, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p3
Explains the unsuccessful diffusion of work structures in a company. Design of work structures in compensation scheme and scope of worker responsibility; Benefits of work restructuring in skills and motivation for the worker; Factors for the deterioration of the structure.
- A little thanks goes far when motivating staff. // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p59
Focuses on the motivation applied by the human resources personnel in the working force in Great Britain. Increase of the productivity of the company; Reduction of the retention; Emphasis of the performance management.
- Management Systems in Japan and in North America. Saleh, S.D. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct82, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p10
Compares the management system between Japan and North America. Emphasis of the collectivity of the group; Emphasis of the motivation practices of the individual responsibility, recognition and personal challenge; Consideration of the planning process applied by each country.
- Why people do what they do. Qubein, Nido R. // Executive Excellence;Feb99, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p15
Discusses basic principles in human motivation and their implications for corporate leaders. Tendency for people to do things for their own reason; Importance of identification in effective motivation; Pride as a powerful motivator.
- Management. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Commercial Law Bulletin;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p34
Presents tips on the effective motivational program for employee management. Lists of mistakes in managements; Problems in incentive program; Failure to provide rewards to employees.
- Ten ways to...motivate your team. Browning, Guy; Rigby, Rhymer // Management Today;Apr2000, p20
Offers tips on team motivation. Clarity of team goals; Training of team members.
- First class coach. Kennett, Miranda // Management Today;Jun2002, p86
Presents alternatives for motivating employees without considering the money factor. Efficacy of outside work activities in enhancing productivity; Importance of achieving a common sense of purpose among employees; Considerations in making regular appraisals.