HOW I GOT TO WHERE I AM TODAY
- Volunteer work: Do feminists do it differently? Adair, Andrea // Herizons;Winter97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p24
Explains the difference of volunteer practices of women in Canada. Perception by women volunteers that their work is different from domestic responsibilities; Types of socially-oriented causes serviced by women volunteers; Comments. INSET: How do I value thee? Let me count the ways..
- CRI introduces new approach to incident management using Datix. // British Journal of Healthcare Computing;2/21/2013, p1
The article reports on the Crime Reduction Initiatives' (CRI) creation of a health and safety infrastructure based on Datix incident management software. Considered as one of the largest charities in Great Britain, CRI specialises in substance abuse recovery. It also highlights the success of...
- Patriarchy, women's roles and human settlements. Sayne, Pamela L. // Women & Environments;Apr93, Vol. 13 Issue 3/4, p50
Provides information on women's participation in human settlements and community development in a patriarchal society. Human settlement crisis; Common concerns; Women involvement.
- Literacy Orange tutor Sandy Angrisani recognized as outstanding teacher by NYS Association for Continuing/Community Education. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/20/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the recognition of Sandy Angrisani, a volunteer tutor of adult learners for Literacy Orange, by the New York State (NYS) Association during the 2011 New York Association for Continuing/Community Education (NYACCE) conference in Saratoga Springs, New York.
- Eye Doc with Heart. Edy, Carolyn // Good Housekeeping;Mar2000, Vol. 230 Issue 3, p22
Profiles American optometrist and volunteer Cheryl Landry. How she got involved in volunteer work among children in Bosnia; Efforts to collect used eyeglasses; Details on medical experiences in Bosnia.
- Journeys of the heart. Glassman, Sara; S.G. // Seventeen;Jun99, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p152
Presents the winners of the 1999 Volunteerism Awards from `Seventeen' and `Cover Girl' magazines. Inspirations and challenges of volunteerism; Future plans of winners. INSET: A Capitol time..
- Giving back. // Graham Leader;8/23/2009, Vol. 134 Issue 3, p6A
A photograph of the Graham Area Church Women that assist the Graham community with financial help is presented.
- Eckerd 100 kicks off company's centennial celebration. Fried, Lisa I. // Drug Store News;7/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p3
Focuses on Eckerd Corp.'s celebration of the 100th anniversary of its first store in the United States. Launch of the program called Eckerd 100; National search for a group of 100 women who have shown an extraordinary dedication to volunteerism in their communities.
- Obituaries. // Bay Area Reporter;3/14/2013, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p13
An obituary for social service volunteer Peggy Joann Lynn, a member of Radiant Light Ministries in San Francisco, California, is presented.