- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS OF CHOSEN SOCIAL VALUE INDICATORS OF COACHES OF DIFFERENT SPORTS. PUSTOVRH, JANEZ; JŠST, BOJAN // Studies in Physical Culture & Tourism;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p85
The main purpose of the study was to examine chosen social indicators of professional status of people, who in the period between October 10, 1997 and February 15, 1998 held a position of full-time sports coaches in one of 64 sports in Slovenia. Each subject had previously held a coaching...
- Common Sense Athletic Management. Hoch, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Mar2004, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p12
Offers ideas for athletic management. Interpersonal communication; Show of appreciation; Manner of giving criticism.
- UPCOMING CONVENTIONS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 47, pP30
A calendar of business-related events in Las Vegas, Nevada in November and December 2010 is presented, including the Las Vegas Sun Youth Forum on November 23, the Nevada Society of Certified Public Accountants convention from November 30 to December 2 and the Las Vegas Coaches Show from December...
- Parent-coach understanding: Another look. Stewart, Craig // Physical Educator;Spring97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p96
Expands information reported in a 1994 study through analyzing parents' evaluation of coaching characteristics. Source of disagreements between coaches and parents; Coaches' perceptions of what parents' want for their athlete children; Implications to a better communication in the athletic...
- Coaching Preferences. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Sep2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p279
Discusses the abstract of the article which appeared in an issue of the 'Coaching preferences of adolescent youths and their parents,' by S.B. Martin, A.W. Jackson, P.A. Richardson and K.H. Weller.
- Caring coaches. // Scholastic Choices;Jan95, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p5
Presents characteristics of good athletic coaches. Quality of school sports experience as a result of the expertise and sensitivity of the coach; Respect for he individuality of athletes; Goal-setting; Practice of warm-up and cool-down exercises; First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation...
- Becoming a Better Coach. Greer, Harvey // Coach & Athletic Director;Aug2000, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p70
Details several principles in coaching for the career development of college coaches.
- Coaching Your Coaches. Hoich, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Oct1998, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the things that coaches have to know to stay on top of their game. Benefits of providing education and guidance for coaches; Advantages of keeping memos; Mentoring of coaches.
- Power, creation & the high school coach. Naggi, Jim // Coach & Athletic Director;Feb96, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p4
Exults the joy of being a high school coach. Role played by coaches in shaping young people's competitive minds; Power and influence wielded by coaches among his young wards; Hassles of coaching high school students; Development of the virtues of loyalty, cooperation, and personal...