- Released DHS/USFA Reports. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p60
The article presents the reports released by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the United States Fire Administration (USFA). It includes Fire Risk in 2004, Fire Risk to Children in 2004, and Fire Risk to Older Adults in 2004, The Interstate 35W (1-35W) Bridge Collapse and Response...
- USFA, IAFF offer revised Voice Radio Communications Guide. // Fire Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p50
The article provides the revised Voice Radio Communications Guide for Fire Service which contains updated information on communications technology and discussions on critical homeland security issues and concepts including SAFECOM. The revision was a joint project of the U.S. Fire Association...
- II. USFA administrator Carrye B. Brown responds. Brown, Carrye B. // Fire Engineering;Dec98, Vol. 151 Issue 12, p48
Part II. Presents the response of United States Fire Administration (USFA) head to the report of the Blue Ribbon Panel Members. Budget leadership and management; Measurement of success; Recognition of staff accomplishments; USFA Workload Study and the auditor's report; Liabilities of the...
- USFA to establish national fire department database. // Fire Engineering;Dec2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p31
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Fire Administration to create a national database of fire departments. Data included in the National Fire Department Census; Availability of data to the public through CD-ROM.
- Paulison: DHS, USFA renew fire service commitment. Paulison, R. David // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the activities of the U.S. Fire Administration. Funding support for fire departments; Public education program for caregivers of infants and toddlers; Development of a national residential sprinkler strategy; Provision of state-of-the-art training; Use of technology to analyze the...
- USFA reschedules EFO Symposium. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/24/2013, p1
The article announces that the 25th Annual Executive Fire Officer Program Graduate Symposium of the U.S. Fire Administration's National Fire Academy is going to be held on September 6-8, 2013.
- Some 5,200 departments awarded 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants. // Fire Engineering;Dec2003, Vol. 156 Issue 12, p48
Reports that thousands of fire departments received cash assistance from the 2003 Assistance to Firefighter Grants program of the U.S. Fire Administration. Contact information.
- USFA: Fire departments respond to structure fires within 5 minutes, 50% of the time. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p80
The article reports on the response time of fire departments in fire incidents as gathered by the Structure Fire Response Times of the U.S. Fire Administration. According to the report, which is based on the 2001 and 2002 National Fire Incident Reporting System, the response time of the fire...
- USFA urges fire departments to participate in census. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p84
The article reports on the encouragement of the U.S. Fire Administration for fire departments to comply in the National Fire Department Census. The census database, which can be completed online, by mail or by fax, includes basic information of fire departments including its specialized...