Will the civil service meet its workforce diversity targets?
- MOD BACKS DLO MOVE. // Supply Management;10/19/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p9
The article reports on the approval of the plans to move Ministry of Defense staff at the Defense Logistics Organization to the Bath and Bristol area in England. Adam Ingram, armed forces minister has approved the action, saying that he had taken the decision in the best interests of defense....
- A thoroughly civil occupation. Harris, Neil // New Scientist;12/4/93, Vol. 140 Issue 1902, p52
Discusses Great Britain's Ministry of Defence's hiring of scientists and engineers at many levels for posts on its research laboratories. Sponsoring students through graduate programs; Schemes as providing opportunities for laboratory experience; Laboratories under the banner of the Defence...
- Dr Walther Stutzle. Szandar, Alexander // Interavia Business & Technology;Mar99, Vol. 54 Issue 629, p6
Reports on the appointment of Walther Stutzle as state secretary at the British defense ministry in charge of arms procurement and security policy. Career background of Stutzle; Contributions made to the secretariat of defense.
- Tax on overseas work. // Accountancy;Jul1988, Vol. 102 Issue 1139, p126
Answers a question on the tax status of a civilian employee of the British Ministry of Defense stationed in Germany. Need to give tax relief to reduce the overall tax of both spouses.
- MoD shake-up axes 10,000 Whitehall posts. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;7/23/2004, p8
Reports on the plan of the Great Britain Ministry of Defense (MoD) to reduce the civil service posts and the size of military to cut costs. Identification of efficiency savings; Use of public money on new technologies to improve the defense capabilities of the region; Impact of the layoff on the...
- New main man for Defence Estates. // PFI Report;May2002, Issue 63, p6
Reports on the appointment of Rear Admiral Peter Dunt as chief executive of Defense Estates, the property arm of the Ministry of Defense in Great Britain. Position held by Dunt in the Navy prior to joining the organization; Job description; Information on the private finance initiative scheme,...
- Reviews lift the lid on Whitehall HR failings. Gilbert, Helen // Personnel Today;4/10/2007, p6
The article presents information on the review of human resource (HR) departments of various government offices by the Cabinet Office of Great Britain. The departments to be reviewed include the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, the Department for the Environment, Food and...
- PURCHASING KEY TO HIT TOUGH 2015/16 BUDGETS. // Supply Management;Jul2013, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that the Great Britain Cabinet Office will acquire commodities and information technology on behalf of the Ministry of Defence to allow it to keep within the 2015/16 budget.
- New Armoured Vehicles for British ISAF Troops. // Military Technology;2008, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p112
The article focuses on the announcement of Great Britain Defence Secretary John Hutton regarding the availability of a package worth Â£700 million to pay for 700 new armoured vehicles. Hutton explains that the vehicles are intended to be used to enhance the safety and protection of troops on...