Hands-on Stress Relief
- Forest Medicine. Eckelkamp, Stephanie // Prevention;Aug2013, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p26
The article presents information on the healing power of forest bathing and informs that walking through a forest and breathing in its moist earthy air reduces stress and blood pressure and increases the activity of the immune system's powerful cancer-fighting natural killer cells.
- Northeast. Martin, Tovah // Horticulture;Apr2006, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p30
The article focuses on the garden of Hartford Hospital's Institute of Living in Hartford, Connecticut. If some hospitals have comfort dogs and fish tanks to soothe and encourage staff members and patients during the healing process, the Institute has a team of stately trees that performs that...
- Prescription-free healing pleasures of summer. // Wilson County News;8/12/15, Vol. 42 Issue 32, p11B
The article offers suggestions to engage in summertime activities which can be the perfect prescription-free alternative to healing without the worries of the adverse side-effects of ibuprofen.
- The alfresco office. Roberson, Laura // Men's Health;Jul2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p132
The article focuses on the impact of nature on the stress level and other diseases of people with reference to findings of different studies including a Swedish study depicting positive effect of listening to a recording of a fountain and tweeting birds on stress, a Kansas State University study...
- `Doctors told me I was going to die.'. Weil, Andrew // Natural Health;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p76
Extracts the book `Spontaneous Healing,' by Andrew Weil. Kristin Killops' will to fight against her aplastic anemia; Killops' healing as a medical phenomenon that defies explanation; Use of one's mind to assist the body's healing process; Principles of spontaneous healing; Nature's ability to...
- NATIVE HEALING. // American Herb Association Quarterly Newsletter;Autumn2016, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on a research related to observation of healing potential for native plants located at Louisiana observed near the Atchafalaya River conducted by the Pennington Biomedical Research Center and description of treatments for diabetes through folk medicine related to Creole.
- The Wisdom of Wilderness: Experiencing the Healing Power of Nature. Crossland, Pamela // Booklist;5/1/2006, Vol. 102 Issue 17, p60
Reviews the book â€œThe Wisdom of Wilderness: Experiencing the Healing Power of Nature,â€ by Gerald G. May.
- Partners in healing. Fremerman, Sarah // Natural Health;Oct99, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p94
Provides information on naturopathy. Need for patients to know how to take care of themselves in order to stay well as the central tenet in naturopathic medicine; Challenges to patients to change their unhealthy ways at the Bastyr Natural Health Clinic, a naturopathic clinic run by Bastyr...
- FNM Project Update. SNIDER, PAMELA // Naturopathic Doctor News & Review;Feb2015, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p22
No abstract available.