Fast and Furious
- Finish Line Taps Nordstrom Exec for Chief Merchant Role. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p11
The article announces that Samuel Sato was appointed executive vice president (EVP) and chief merchandising officer of footwear company Finish Line.
- OTHER IN-HOUSE NEWS. // InsideCounsel;Oct2009, Vol. 20 Issue 214, p72
The article announces the promotion of Gary Cohen as chief administrative officer and secretary for The Finish Line Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- GOLDEN Retriever$. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;10/29/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 39, p21
The article examines why chief marketing officers (CMO) are receiving large salaries. The article explains that the top CMOs are making around $3 million a year, which has come to include base, bonus, and long-term compensation. One of the reasons for the high salaries is reportedly because CMOs...
- CMO or Chief Measurement Officer? Crowdus, Clark // U.S. Banker;Jan2006, Vol. 116 Issue 1, p47
The article discusses the author's views on the role of chief marketing officers (CMO) in the U.S. The author asserted that measurement is considered as the lifeline to survival for corporate marketers. It is imperative for a CMO to figure out the indicators that give them the most insight into...
- Locally based retailers send CEOs packing. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/25/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p21
The article reports on the dismissal of chief executive officers from three Indianapolis, Indiana-based retailers including Finish Line Inc., Lids Sports Group and HHGregg Inc.
- Future finder. Enright, Allison // Marketing News;10/1/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p14
Features Greg Welch, head of the Marketing Officer Practice program of Spencer Stuart, and the importance of chief marketing officers (CMO) to companies. Success of Yahoo! Inc. CMO Cammie Dunaway; Slowness of the pace of change in the industrial sector; Commitment of the CMO to immerse himself...
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week;7/9/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p46
The author shares his views on being on top of the corporate world. Corporate life is more or less a kind of game where department heads outdo one another for the right to spend the shareholder's money. The smartest corporate players must understand that reaching the top is not always based on...
- CMOs Fast-Tracking Plans To Climb Corporate Ladder. Newman, Eric // Brandweek;12/10/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 45, p6
The article discusses data from the study titled "The Evolved CMO," which involved an online survey of 132 chief marketing officers (CMOs) who oversee marketing strategy at companies with more than $100 million in annual revenues. It was revealed in the study that 34 percent of the CMOs polled...
- Chief Marketers Adjusting to New Role as Change Agents and Catalysts for Corporate Purpose and Functional Synergy. // Middle East Journal of Business;Aug2011, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p18
The article focuses on the report released by the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Council which advocates a need for marketing executives to revitalize marketing group cultures and mindset. The report was based on best practice interviews with new CMOs. It notes that a new CMO must be...