In the hot seat
- The State of the Human Resources Profession in 2003: An Interview with Dave Ulrich. Vosburgh, Rich // Human Resource Planning;2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p18
Interviews human resource planning specialist Dave Ulrich on the status of the profession in 2003. Challenges facing the profession; Explanation given on the indicators of progress of the profession. INSETS: EIGHT CHALLENGES;SEVEN INDICATORS OF PROGRESS.
- David Ulrich talks about his model's relevancy (and basketball) to Peter Crush. Crush, Peter // Human Resources (09648380);Jun2008, p40
An interview with HR magazine's Most Influential thinker in 2008 David Ulrich is presented. When asked about the things he pondered most of the times, he stated that it is about the main issues affecting HR. He added that the Ulrich model is not a single solution that must be adhered too...
- Dave Ulrich: Getting HR Right. Zeidner, Rita // HR Magazine;Aug2009, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p21
An interview with University of Michigan business professor Dave Ulrich regarding his latest book "HR Transformation: Building Human Resources From the Outside In," is presented. He offers his outlook on the perception that some companies succeed in spite of human resources (HR) professionals....
- Outsourcing pioneers must clarify ownership. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;9/24/2002, p2
No abstract available.
- Called in to question. Reilly, Peter // People Management;7/6/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p26
Provides information on the application of human resources shared services. Features of the shared services; Reasons for introducing shared services; Advantages and disadvantages of shared services.
- Shared HR services are not sweat shops. // Personnel Today;11/12/2002, p17
Focuses on the application of shared Human Resource (HR) services in functions related to Human resource. Prerequisites of an ideal shared HR operation; Reluctance of a service center's employees to centralization of the company's activities; Misconceptions regarding the infrastructure of a HR...
- Central intelligence. Arkin, Anat // People Management;11/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p38
Talks about restructuring of human resource in Great Britain. Information on a shared-service model adopted by PricewaterhouseCoopers in Great Britain; Purpose of the model. INSETS: RISE OF THE ADVISERS;SERVICE ETHIC.
- Giving Labor a Share. // America;8/16/1919, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p476
The author reflects on the need of share in labor for the new era. He comments that the old cry of more pays gave place to the new cry of share and interest. Moreover, the author suggests that to attain the position of partnership, a certain share in business concerns and factories must be given...
- IDEAS CLICK. Barrett, Sam // Employee Benefits;Mar2011, p31
The article focuses on the improved technology and employee welfare as it has influenced revolution to the employee share plan market. Technology is considered as one of the key drivers in the advances of offering paperless process in the promotion of share schemes up to maturity. In addition,...