Let's talk shop
- STORE WARS. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p27
Examines the human resources management and people management of Tesco in Great Britain. Expansion of the retail business; Determinants of business; Emphasis of the communication and talent spotting. INSET: INDUSTRY AUDIT.
- Integration key to Tesco Bank's leadership quest. Churchard, Claire // People Management;9/16/2010, p9
This article reports on an integration and leadership challenge facing Tesco HR when it acquired ownership of Tesco Bank and lost the entire senior leadership team in 2010.
- Leap of faith helps Tesco keep its competitive edge. Hammond, Dominique // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p11
Focuses on the change programme implemented by supermarket chain Tesco. Benefits of the change programme to the company; Success of the programme; Financial performance of the company as of February 2001.
- Road-testing the new map. // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the outcome of the application of the human resources (HR) professional standards developed by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in various business environments in Great Britain. It presents the feedback of Rick Brown, vice-president for HR...
- Develop good habits. Murphy, Lynn // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p72
Offers tips for personnel management professionals on how to implement CPD programs. Types of behavior of personnel management professionals of keep CPD records.
- Future challenges and opportunities for the HR profession. Heneman III, Herbert G.; Metzler, Cynthia A.; Thomas, Jr., R. Roosevelt; Donohue, Thomas J.; Frantzreb, Riachard B. // HRMagazine;Mar98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p68
Discusses the future challenges and opportunities in the human resource (HR) profession. Methods of teaching HR competencies to line managers; Risks faced by HR professionals; Challenges faced by HR professionals who hope to remain relevant to their organizations.
- THE POLITICS OF MANAGING PEOPLE. Gerardi, Michael T. // Industrial Management;Sep/Oct78, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p10
No abstract available.
- HR career issues... O'Halioran, Esther; Maxted, John // Personnel Today;3/9/2010, p17
The article provides an answer to a question on how an old-school human resources (HR) director should start for change management.
- HR is not immune to suits. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p97
Examines the possibility for human resource (HR) professionals to be sued by employees or former employees for company-related issues. How HR managers can avoid being sued by employees; Importance of the access to and use of labor counsel in performing HR functions.