Margaret Heffernan and Financial Planners Discuss How Women Entrepreneurs Are Changing the Rules
- Woman-owned businesses: A powerful and growing economic... Hadary, Sharon G. // Business Credit;Feb97, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p71
Focuses on the significant role played by woman-owned businesses in the United States (U.S.) economy. Number of woman-owned businesses in the U.S.; Sales revenue generated by these businesses; Findings of research conducted by the National Foundation for Women Business Owners (NFWBO) and Dun &...
- D&B launches minority & women-owned business development group. // Business Credit;Jun97, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p51
Focuses on the Minority and Women-Owned Business Development Group formed by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) company. Reason for the forming of the group; Comments from George Martin, executive vice president--Mass Marketing for D&B; Problems encountered by women-owned businesses; Benefits for such...
- New directions for women in business. // Business Credit;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p58
Analyzes the increases in the launching of businesses by women in the United States. Information on the reasons for the launching of the businesses; Reference to the results of a study conducted by the National Foundation for Women Business Owners (NFWBO), Catalyst and the Committee of 200;...
- Key facts about women owned businesses. // Business Credit;Sep98, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p58
Reports that according to `Women-Owned Businesses in the United States: Fact Sheets,' women-owned businesses have grown between 1897 and 1996. Number of women-owned businesses in the United States as of 1996; Impact of this increase on the employment status.
- CRAIN'S LIST: LARGEST WOMAN-OWNED BUSINESSES. Marks, Anne; Brown, Douglas; Scharich, Joanne // Crain's Detroit Business;9/15/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p20
The article presents a list of large business enterprises owned by women in Michigan including RKA Petroleum Cos. Inc., Elder Automotive Group and Holiday Automotive Group.
- Women of color meet the challenges of business ownership. Rifkin, Jane M. // Diversity Suppliers & Business Magazine;Spring98, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p22
Reports that according to the National Association of Women Business Owners (NFWBO), businesses owned by women of color are growing three times faster than the overall rate of business growth in the United States. States where colored women-owned businesses have leading sales and employment...
- Creating a positive business climate for women: An approach to small business development. Burr, Sara G.; Strickland, Mary // Economic Development Review;Winter92, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p63
Discusses a small business development approach in Wisconsin to creating a positive business climate for women. Growth of women business enterprises (WBE) from 1982 to 1987; Profile of the state's women's business services; Marketing retention and expansion programs to WBEs.
- Women-owned businesses. Truong, Tommy T. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/01/98 Supplement 98 Book of List, Issue 322310, p93
Lists the top women-owned businesses in the Central San Joaquin Valley in California as ranked by the total number of local employees in 1998. Includes Valley Lahvosh Baking Co.; University Acura; Alert-O-Lite.
- Diligence, ingenuity drive business women to success. Valade, Carol // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/2/2009 Top Women Owned Business, Vol. 27, p1
An introduction to series of articles profiling the top women-owned businesses in Grand Rapids, Michigan is presented.