WWE's Vince McMahon: Putting a Headlock on PPV Success
- PPV PINS A COMEBACK. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;3/22/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 55, p1
The article reports on the recovery of the pay per view (PPV) market as depicted in the decision of World Wrestling Entertainment to produce 13 PPV specials in 2010.
- WWE Tweaks PPV Play. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p22
The article reports on the plan of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) to rename at least one of its monthly pay-per-view (PPV) events and offer prize incentives to buyers of consecutive monthly events, as part of an effort to improve the company's PPV sales.
- Pay-Per-View's Hot Summer. // Multichannel News;7/7/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 26, p6
The article presents a list of events available to pay-per-view distributors from July-September 2014 in the U.S. including the WWE: SummerSlam, the Eminem & Shady Present: Total Slaughter, and the WWE: Night of Champions.
- 'You have to decide when your baby's grown up'. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;11/19/2009, p8
The article presents opinion from pay-television (TV) executives regarding the future of the advertising industry including BBC World News commercial director Colin Lawrence stating pay-TV as a truly well sold industry and Turner Broadcasting System Asia-Pacific executive vice president Ian...
- Quick takes. Matheny, Luke // Electronic Media;11/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p9
Comments on pay per view television events in the United States recommended to subscribers by mass media executives. Includes programs similar to `Your Choice TV,' service of Discovery Networks according to Eddie Trower of Capital Cable; Concerts selected by Dorothy Lovfald of Cox Communications.
- Pro wrestling in the vanguard of App TV and cutting cable ties. SCHUSTER, JOHN // Inside Tucson Business;4/11/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p7
The article discusses the importance of professional wrestling in the lifeblood of television programming when local television stations embark on pay-per-view technology to fill its air time.
- Affiliate Relations. // CableFAX Daily;2/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p2
Reports on the actions taken by World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. (WWE) to help increase the "WrestleMania 22" pay-per-view buys on April 2, 2006 in the U.S. Decision of WWE on offering the "WrestleMania's Big Time Moments" for free on voice-on-demand; Participation of WWE wrestlers in local...
- CHAPTER 41: WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli // Sports Marketing;2012, p290
The article presents several market statistics related to World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) including revenue and operating income from 2005 to 2010, the record of Global WrestleMania pay-per-view buys from 2004 to 2011, and the percentage of male and female WWE viewers.
- 7-Eleven takes a Big Gulp of WWE. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;8/9/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 25, p4
The article reports that the 7-Eleven Inc. stores nationwide are promoting the pay-per-view annual "SummerSlam" of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.