- Opportunities, East and West. Sandler, Neal // Red Herring;12/1/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p24
An interview with Orna Berry, a data communications specialist and the first woman to chair the Israel Venture Association, is presented. She believes that Israel has the potential to retain its position in the high technology sector. She relates the reasons for the lack of life sciences firms...
- The Doubtful Darlings. Mahalingam, T. V. // Business Today;12/16/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p100
The article focuses on the performance of the information technology (IT) industry in India and presents an outlook for the future. It is stated that even as the Bombay Stock Exchange Sensex quickly marched from 13,900 to 20,000 from January 2007 to October 2007, top-tier IT services stocks were...
- SWOT Analysis. // THOMSON SA SWOT Analysis;Jul2005, p5
Provides a business analysis of Thomson SA, a provider of technology and service solutions such as audio-visual accessories, broadcast equipments, cathode ray tubes, and consumer electronic components for media and entertainment companies including content creators, video network operators,...
- Dollar is best bet. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p39
Reports on the movement of the United States (US) dollar against other major currencies. Stabilization of the dollar; Dollar as an undervalued currency; Impact of the hike in US short-term rates on the dollar; Appreciation of the dollar against the deutschmark and the yen.
- Will the buck stop here? Central bankers ask as US dollar's value slips. Scherer, Ron // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/95, Vol. 87 Issue 68, p8
Contains the views of economists on the reasons behind the depreciation of the United States dollar. Performance of the US dollar and other currencies.
- A new look at money. Landolt, Sara Cox // Credit Union Management;Jan1998, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Highlights the results of a survey commissioned by the Visa/Plus ATM Network determining who's faces are preferred by people to be seen on United States dollar bills. Rundown on preferred faces in 1997; Favorite females in 1997; Demonstration of more conservative trend among Americans who want...
- Did You KNOW? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/01/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p2
Describes some design changes to the twenty U.S. dollar bills.
- Adding mystery to the case of the missing currency. Haughton, Jonathan // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;1995 Special Issue, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p595
Explains the whereabouts of about half of the United States currency in circulation. Federal Reserve Bank approximation of amount of currency in circulation; Amount held by American households; Foreign holdings of American dollars.
- The rise heard 'round the world. Walker, Ruth; LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;2/26/97, Vol. 89 Issue 63, p9
Focuses on the strengthening of the American dollar, and its effects on countries that have adopted it as their currency standard. Benefits of the dollar to Germany and Europe; Comments from Peter Pietsch of Commerzbank's in Frankfurt, Germany; Effects the dollar will have on the trade position...