HOW I GOT WHERE I AM TODAY
- Recruiting across distances, the real and the imagined. Grimm, Joe // Editor & Publisher;06/19/99, Vol. 132 Issue 25, p52
Focuses on the significance of cultural diversity in understanding a person during employment interviews. Differences of cultural interpretations on common gestures; Views of Anne Sweeney, Disney Channel president, on eye contact during an interview; Impact of assumptions in an interview;...
- Winfield's 4/Color vision. Beam, Cris // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;2/15/95, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p32
Presents an interview with Alison Winfield, marketing director at Crain Communication's `City & State' magazine, on the founding of 4/Color organization. 4/Color's aim of fostering diversity in the magazine industry.
- editor's corner. Elsasser, John // Public Relations Tactics;Nov2015, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including an interview with BlackbBerry Latin America's communications director Vivian Kobeh, diversity in the workplace, and unconscious bias in the workplace.
- COMPOSITIONAL DYNAMICS AND INTERVIEWER JUDGMENTS IN THE PANEL EMPLOYMENT INTERVIEW. GHEE SOON LIM // Academy of Management Proceedings;2003, pN1
This article focuses on the compositional dynamics of a panel employment interview as a main source of counterproductive influences on interviewer judgments. Compositional dynamics are dynamics arising from the composition of group members in terms of such personal attributes as race, age, sex,...
- Bank on Diverse Talent. Owens, Donna M. // HR Magazine;May2011, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p32
An interview with Zabeen Hirji, executive vice president and chief human resources (HR) officer of Royal Bank of Canada in Toronto, Ontario, is presented. Hirji describes the diversity program and strategy that his HR team offers to employees, which focuses on talent, clients and communities....
- 60-second interview. Crispe, Karen // Commercial Motor;6/7/2007, Vol. 205 Issue 5232, p66
An interview with Karen Crispe, director of Tachodisc is presented. She says that she was working in sales and marketing for a training company when she spotted the opportunity with Tachodisc. She mentions that the diversity of the job keeps it really interesting for her. She adds that family...
- On How Diversity Leads to Success. Goldstein, Scott // njbiz;3/29/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p17
Interviews partner and co-founder of New Brunswick, New Jersey-based DiversityInc Luke Visconti on the importance of diversity within a company. Characteristics of a diverse company; Significance of diversity to the success of a company; Information on how a company is evaluated for diversity.
- Does Diversity Pay Off? Liberman, Vadim // Across the Board;May/Jun2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p71
Interviews Linda Barrington, a Conference Board economist, on the association between productivity and workplace diversity. Her reason for focusing on the relationship of a diverse workforce with productivity; Her opnion about finding a negative relationship between diversity and productivity;...
- Q&A with Sari Brody, Global Diversity Responsible, IKEA Services AB. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p81
An interview with Sari Brody of IKEA Services AB is presented. She states that diversity is in line with IKEA's culture and values emphasizing togetherness, respect for others and team spirit. She describes IKEA's diversity in terms of primary dimensions like gender, age and ethnicity, as well...