IT-friendly, But IP-addressable
- Canadian CU Gets A Hand In Managing Risk. Jepson, Kevin // Credit Union Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 42, p7
Reports on the utilization of biometric finger-print recognition technology by Credit Union Central of British Columbia for its business operations in Canada. Purpose of using the technology; Developer of the technology; Number of recognition scanning devices being used by the company;...
- Worldpay fights fraud with face recognition terminal trial. Adams, Ben // Grocer;10/3/2015, p10
The article reports that payment processing company Worldpay has started its test on the use of prototype system called Pin Entry Device Camera (PED Cam) in Great Britain. Topics discussed include the test on the use of an upward-facing camera connected to a card terminal to take a picture of...
- The Mother Of All Questions: How Do We Know You're Really You? Trembly, Ara C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/7/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p24
Explores the concept of biometric identification. Use of biometrics in films; Benefits of the identification method; Technological innovations.
- Pinnacle Access Control v5.0 by Sielox. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2006, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p95
The article features Sielox's Pinnacle version 5.0 access control software which offers an automatic network reconnect feature along additional upgrades. It also includes an electronic mail report scheduler, alarm notification on start-up, a parity check configuration option for error detection...
- SECURE GROWTH. // Health Facilities Management;Aug2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the modernization of the access control system at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, Minnesota in 2009. It states that as the hospital developed over the past eight years, the facilities' old-fashioned key locks were replaced by a standardized card access control system managed...
- IT Departments Get Some Relief with Automatic Password Reset. // Wireless Design & Development;Mar2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the benefits of Nuance Communications Inc.'s Automatic Password Reset on their employees. It is stated that with the new technology, employees can reset security passwords for any networked device or application simply by using their voice and the telephony system of the...
- New quick order entry facility for prof.lTplus. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jun2008, p28
The article reports that OGL Computer Services Group Ltd. has introduced a new development to professional information technology (IT) plus, their stock control and order processing software intended for merchants and distributors in Great Britain. The company has claimed that the new quick...
- Tailor to the Application and Organization. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the ways of using biometrics to verify the identity of an individual. Biometric access with single door control; Use of Smart card systems to leverage the secure data storage; Integration of biometrics into conventional access control systems.
- Tech Talk. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Sep2013, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p96
The article offers information on several options to consider when deciding what access control will be best suit the facility including the use of biometrics, key fobs, and smart cards.