Five Questions for Steve Simmons
- Pricey Charter System Sale Cheers Brokers. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p7
Presents news briefs related to cable network broadcasting companies in the U.S. as of June 2, 2003. Terms and conditions of the agreement made by Charter Communications Corp. to sell its 25,500-subscriber Port Orchard, Washington system to WaveDivision Holdings Inc.; Reasons for the dismissal...
- VENDOR OF THE YEAR > VIP CINEMA SEATING. Loria, Daniel // Boxoffice;Sep2015, Vol. 151 Issue 9, p64
An interview with Steve Simmons, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of VIP Cinema Seating, is presented, who discusses about the initiatives taken by VIP Seating to transform a location, the evolution of the concept of premium-seating in theaters, and various aspects related to luxury seating.
- Evaluating a deal in the hospitality industry. Armitstead, Martin; Marusic, Marina // Journal of Retail & Leisure Property;Jul2006, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p197
This article discusses deals between the Owner of the Property and the Operator, and will analyze the issues concerning the evaluation of a deal between those two parties.
- DEALMAKERS' DELIGHT. Kass, Arielle // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/26/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p3
The article presents information on the outlook of private equity (PE) firms in 2009. One silver lining amid the current clouds is that businesses are selling for less, which increases the likelihood of better returns down the road. Cheaper companies also give private equity firms the chance to...
- Unhappy returns for Comcast. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the planned sale of the cellular unit of Comcast Corp. to SBC Communications Inc. Value of the sale; Estimated internal rate of return of the cellular operation of Comcast; Details on the financial status of Comcast.
- The little index that beats the markets. Ferguson, Nick // FinanceAsia;Dec2009/Jan2010, p89
The article offers information on the benefits of the index brochure "Gotham Enhanced Value Index" series, by Joel Greenblatt. It mentions that the index brochure replicates the formula which was outlined in his book "The Little Book that Beats the Market." The brochure explained that the logic...
- Patriot Refinances Debt. // Multichannel News;10/31/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p28
Reports on the completion of the refinancing efforts of Patriot Media and Communications CNJ LLC in its debt at lower interest rates in 2005. Number of Patriot subscribers in central New Jersey; Value of the new credit facilities of the company; Decline in the interest rate on the facilities.
- Honors:. // CableFAX Daily;8/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 149, p3
The article focuses on several awards in the cable television industry in the U.S. Patriot Media received the Independent Operator of the Year award from the publication "Cable World." Jim Gleason, president and COO of New Wave, received the distinguished of Leadership Award from ACA.
- Do Banks Overbid When Acquiring Failed Banks? Pettway, Richard H.; Trifts, Jack W. // Financial Management (1972);Summer85, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p5
The article presents a study which examined the effects of the purchase and assumption (P&A) policies of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. that merge failed banks into healthy banks. When the FDIC decides to merge a failed bank into a healthy bank using a P&A, its actions are usually the...