THROUGH THE WIRE
- Vice attracts investors. // Campaign;4/8/2011, Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the deal signed by Vice, the youth media brand, with the MTV founder Tom Freston to use Vice's new resources and relationships to expand globally, focusing on emerging markets, and is in the process of building a network of international studios.
- No pictures, please. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;10/9/93, Vol. 105 Issue 41, p46
Reports on the arrest of MTV Networks chairman/chief executive officer Tom Freston and other company executives in Vietnam. Espionage charges against the executives for photographing some government vehicles.
- Freston's rock-solid commitment. Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;01/26/98, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p9
Reports the engagement of Tom Freston, chairman and chief executive officer of MTV Networks to Kathy Law, a Los Angeles-based writer and actress.
- The sun never sets on MTV. Gillen, Marilyn A. // Billboard;09/13/97, Vol. 109 Issue 37, p50
Looks at how MTV Network's approach of thinking globally and acting locally has brought the network into 300 million homes around the world, according to Chairman Tom Freston. When MTV's official international launch took place; Advancing technology as spurring still further refinements in...
- THE LATEST NEWS FROM .biz. Boyle, Mike; Butler, Susan; Christman, Ed; Coetzer, Diane; Cohen, Jonathan; Garrity, Brian; MacNeil, Jason; Peters, Mitchell; Reuters // Billboard;9/16/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 37, p9
The section presents news briefs in the music industry. Bertelsmann AG and Universal Music Group have settled litigation over the former's investment in the original peer-to-peer service Napster. Tom Freston, president and CEO of Viacom, has resigned after 26 years of service. Atlantic Records...
- Jonesing. // Billboard;11/5/94, Vol. 106 Issue 45, p50
Presents a photograph of MTV Networks chief executive officer (CEO) Tom Freston with Interscope artist Tom Jones.
- Exex set own path after H'w'd treadmill. // Daily Variety;7/2/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 1, p2
The article offers the author's insights regarding various top executives in the entertainment business who reinvented themselves including David Vogel, Tom Freston, and Joe Roth.
- VIVA LAS 'DIVAS'. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/27/2003, Vol. 378 Issue 41, p16
Cable television network MTV's executives Judy McGrath and Tom Freston arrived at the "VH1 Divas Duets: A Concert to Benefit the VH1 Save the Music Foundation," held on Thursday at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The Ghost in the Machine. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;04/17/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p50
Features Tom Freston, chairman of MTV Networks. Relationship with CBS chairman Mel Karmazin; Growth of MTV Networks' brands under Freston's management; Career background of Freston.