Five Questions for Stanley E. Hubbard
- Moviewatch moves few. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/16/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 43, p21
Reports the launching of the Moviewatch channel of Hubbard Broadcasting Inc. in St. Paul, Minnesota. Proliferation of pay-per-view movie channels of the network to increase revenue; Broadcast format of Moviewatch; Impact of the emergence of Moviewatch on the cable industry.
- MTV'S AD-VANTAGE. Swanson, Tim // Daily Variety;7/18/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 32, p1
Reports the use of the Music Television (MTV) network in promoting upcoming Hollywood motion pictures. Issue on the partiality of the network in selecting movies to promote; List of summer motion pictures promoted by the network; Impact of the MTV promotion on the box-office performance of the...
- STUDIOS NOW WANT THEIR MTV. Swanson, Tim // Variety;7/16/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 8, p15
Focuses on the inclusion of motion picture promotions in the programming of the cable network Music Television (MTV) in Summer 2001. Selection of films to promote; Speculations on the move of the network; Influence of MTV promotion to the success of films.
- Hubbard Launches Network. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/12/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 24, p2
The article reports on the planned launch of the cable network Reelz Channel by Hubbard Broadcasting. The channel already has a subscriber base of 26 million homes. Reelz will cover movie-related subjects and will include actors, directors and behind-the-scenes looks at new and old movies. The...
- Warner Bros. in Eurosport mobile tie-up. Chandiramani, Ravi // Marketing (00253650);12/20/2001, p9
Reports on the partnership between Warner Bros and Eurosport to create the first multinational mobile marketing campaign as part of the film company's efforts to bolster its customer base. Television campaign for 'Ocean's Eleven'; Situation in the entertainment industry represented by the...
- Get the Beep Out of There. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/13/2002, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the strategy adopted by Turner Television Network to promote the film 'The Perfect storm' for the week ending January 11, 2003.
- Network vs. cable: reach counters punch. Pinsker, Beth // Daily Variety;4/23/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 12, pA9
Focuses on the advertising strategies for movies in the U.S. Attention paid by movie studios on creating additional promotions on cable networks; Invention of movie marketing on behalf of family films on television; Competition among cable networks for the promotions. INSET: FAST FACT.
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.