Nick's Ascheim: Viewers Love to be Programmers
- Television ratings. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p138
Presents a chart of the program ratings developed in 1997 by the United States television industry, to help parents select programs suitable for children to watch. The designations TV-Y, TV-Y7, TV-G, TV-PG, TV-14, and TV-M.
- A family warily welcomes television-show ratings. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/96, Vol. 88 Issue 63, p1
Reports on the implementation of a rating system, to allow parents the ability to monitor the nature of various television programs, in the United States. Proposed meeting between television executives and President Clinton; Provisions under the Telecommunications Reform Bill; Comments from...
- The TV kids tune into. // Christian Science Monitor;7/11/96, Vol. 88 Issue 158, p2
Ranks the television programs most children watched according to Nielsen Media Research.
- Nick licks Saturday ayem rivals in 5th straight year. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;5/24/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 61, p21
Reports on the ratings of children's television programs for the week ending May 18, 2002 in the U.S. Victory of Nickelodeon in the Saturday morning block; Domination of the boys 6-11 demo by the Warner Brothers Network; Rank of the Cartoon Network in kids 2-11.
- A monstrous battle over kids. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;10/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the decline of kid viewership for Saturday morning television (TV) shows in the United States during fall 1998. Factors contributing to the decline; Number of TV shows for kids on Saturday; Competition between television networks in scheduling TV programs.
- Nick Has 'Best Day Ever' Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p22
The article reports on the rating of Nickelodeon's "SpongeBob SquarePants" on November 10, 2006 in the U.S. The show ranked as the channel's most-watched and highest-rated total programming day in its history, according to network officials. During its total-day period on November 10, Nick...
- Adult shows are kids' stuff. De Pablos, Emiliano; Hopewell, John // Variety;3/10/2003, Vol. 390 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the trends in television viewership in Spain as of March 2003. Ratings performance of children's television programs in Spain as of January 2003; Preferred television programs of children and teenagers in Spain; Results of a market research on the viewership of children aged 4- to...
- The Fountain of Youth. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;4/20/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 16, pAM10
The article examines the so-called "upfront" sales presentation for television advertising for the 2009-2010 season by cable television networks which broadcast programs for children including Cartoon Network, Disney Channels, and Nickelodeon. Sales for advertising aimed at children remain...
- Cartoon is for Kids Again. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/18/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the popularity of cable television network named Cartoon Network among children. Cartoon programs to be aired on the network in August 2003; Efforts of the company to attract children towards its programs; Popularity ratings achieved by the network among kids as of August 2003.