Q&A With Discovery Channel GM Jane Root
- Will Viewers Heed the Call of 'Jesus'? Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p28
The article reports on the impact of the broadcast of the documentary "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" by the television network, Discovery Channel. It is said that the airing of the documentary could finish among the network's most viewed shows. However, TV historian Tim Brooks asserts that the...
- 'Jesus' Doc Draws 4 Million. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p31
The article reports on the rating of the television program "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" shown at Discovery Channel on March 4, 2007. It is stated that the James Cameron-produced documentary program had drawn 4.19 million viewers and a 3.2 household rating. Here, the program has been the...
- 'Jesus' tomb'--debate rages over authenticity. Hall, Ken // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 112 Issue 4, p14
The article deals with the television documentary "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" and the debate over the authenticity of the first-century ossuary found in a south Jerusalem cave in 1980 which allegedly contained the remains of Jesus and his presumed wife, Mary Magdalene, and their son, Judah.
- Voyage of discovery. // Televisual;Dec2006, p20
The article presents an interview with Jane Root, executive vice president and general manager of Discovery Channel in Washington. Root reiterated that she went to America to learn new things in the television industry. Her is responsible in broadening the appeal of the channel to its viewers....
- Film on Tomb Should Just Be Ignored, Says Bishop. // America;3/19/2007, Vol. 196 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the statement made by Auxilliary Bishop Giacinto-Boulos Marcuzzo of Jerusalem that the documentary film by James Cameron titled "The Lost Tomb of Jesus," shown in Discovery Channel, was just an attempt to make profit. Marcuzzo also said that the film could create confusion...
- The Lost Tomb of Jesus. Lowry, Brian // Variety Movie Reviews;3/ 6/2007, p35
The article reviews the television program "The Lost Tomb of Jesus," narrated by Ron White and produced by Ric Esther Bienstock, Felix Golubev, Simcha Jacobovici.
- 'Jesus' raises Discovery. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;3/7/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 48, p4
The article reports that Discovery Channel drew 4.1 million viewers for its show titled "The Lost Tomb of Jesus." The number was the channel's best one in last 18 months. This may be because of the irresistible combination of the subject of Christ's rediscovered burial site and producer James...
- DUO RETEAMS ON 'JESUS' DVD. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;4/3/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 2, p4
The article reports on the partnership of international distributors Richard Lorber and David Fox to distribute the documentary film "Lost Tomb of Jesus" on digital versatile disc (DVD) around the word. The film offers proof of the discovery of Jesus Christ's family tomb. It also provides...
- Mammoth raised for TV. // Multichannel News;10/25/99, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p12
Reports that an expedition funded by Discovery Communications Inc. has successfully recovered an intact 23,000-year-old woolly mammoth in Siberia.