- War at 7. // NZ Marketing Magazine;May2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p40
Comments on the competition among television stations in New Zealand.
- Top Two Duke It Out. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the competition in the television broadcasting market in Ohio. Increase of competition between the WBNS and WCMH stations for ratings supremacy; Factors that contributed to the high ratings of the WBNS network; Plan by WCMH to add Martha Stewart's upcoming reality show.
- Hong Kong's new webs bring variety to pay TV. Kwong, Kevin // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, pM34
Looks at the implications of the entry of pay television (TV) networks in Hong Kong, China on the competition between TVB and ATV, terrestrial TV networks in Hong Kong. List of the pay TV networks that entered Hong Kong; Reasons ATV has decided to replace its primetime movie slot in its World...
- UPN names Carlston. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;03/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p54
Reports on Steve Carlston's appointment as executive vice president of network distribution at television network United Paramount Network. Career background; Duties and responsibilities.
- Buzz Off. Bianculli, David // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p10
The article discusses the increasing competition among television networks in the U.S. It cites that the broadcast networks have increasingly ceded the competition to cable, and even broadband. It also cites that while it is true that most cable shows still get little viewership compare to...
- In Search of the Silver Lining. Westcott, Tim // Animation;Feb2006, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the competition between the television channels showing cartoon programs in Great Britain. Cable and satellite channels are looking for a special niche in the cartoon programs; these are said to be employing new strategies and techniques to attract maximum no of audience....
- TWC Brings Africa To New York City. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p8
The article reports on the launch of The Africa Channel of Time Warner Cable of New York and New Jersey on September 18, 2008 in New York. Its programs include special events, news and information, travel and lifestyle, music and feature films from Africa. According to Bob Watson, region vice...
- NINE NOT IN V8 TV RACE. FOGARTY, MARK // Australian Auto Action;8/29/2012, Issue 1506, p3
The article reports that the television rights for the V8 Supercars racing event are still open, with Channel Seven and Ten as the main contenders. According to a report, Channel Nine had made a big offer that included showing at least four races live. Nine Network Managing Director Jeff Browne...
- Nickelodeon taps Australia GM to fill Asia-Pac VP post. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;2/25/2005, p6
This article reports that Catherine Nebauer, general manager for Nickelodeon Australia, has been promoted to senior vice-president/general manager for the channel across Asia-Pacific. In her new role, she will be based in Singapore and will lead the development of Nickelodeon's operations...