Qubo's Rodriguez: Offering a 'Building Block' to Kids
- In the Company of Giants. Haley, Kathy // CED;Nov2003 Supplement, Vol. 29, p3B
Reports on the induction of a number of television industry executives as new members of the Cable Hall of Fame in Denver, Colorado. Background of the inductees; Details on the programs and activities; Contribution of the awardees to the vitality of the cable television industry.
- 'The men and women who control broadcasting believe that television is an idiot's lantern' Cox, David // New Statesman;12/9/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4617, p27
Deals with the skepticism of television executives in Great Britain on the capacity of television broadcasting and programming to make sense of the news. Tasks society could require of the media; Evaluation of television networks and their television programs; Criticisms on broadcast...
- Networking. // Cable World (10427228);3/25/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Presents news on some cable television network executives in the U.S. as of March 25, 2002. Recipient of the Time Warner Cable 2001 High School Cranial Crunch championship trophy; Partnership between Lifetime Television and New York Women in Film and Television.
- BalvÃn dismissal called political charade, poorly timed. Dragomir, Marius // Prague Business Journal;12/2/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p1
Reports on key issues relevant to the dismissal of Jiri Balvin, executive head of Czech Television. Control of the country's public broadcaster; Details about the dismissal; Implications for the broadcasting sector; Struggle between politicians and lobbyists.
- Germany: CATHERINE MUEHLE-MANN. Roxborough, Scott // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/1/2005 especial issue, Vol. 392 Issue 7, p150
The article profiles Catherine Muehlemann, general manager, MTV Central and Emerging Markets. The Swiss-born executive, who heads up Viacom's family of channels in German-speaking Europe, has taken on one 800-pound gorilla after another in her career--and she has beaten them all. First, it was...
- Trackside leads the field. // Onfilm;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p28
The article presents the remarks by executive producer Mandy Toogood of Trackside I Television about Trackside. Toogood relates that he only realised the enormity of the hours produced when he joined Trackside. She says that they broadcast live racing from Australia on a daily basis and racing...
- Rosalyn Durant. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;7/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p17
The article features Rosalyn Durant, vice-president and general manager of ESPNU. She started as an intern in ESPN's affiliate sales and marketing division. She is responsible for setting the strategic direction for ESPNU, the 24-hour college sports network, including overseeing all programming...
- International television WEEK 45. Roxborough, Scott; Holdsworth, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/6/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 39, p96
Reports developments in the international television industry as of November 2001. Establishment of a London-based subsidiary by German children's television group TV Loonland; Successor to the head of Czech Television; Award received by 'Laga'at ba Osher' at the Golden Screen Awards in Israel.
- KREM of the Crop. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/19/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 35, p46
The article reports on the increase of the ranking of television station KREM. According to Jamie Aitken, president and general manager at KREM, she is very proud of their staff as they had played a part on the emergence of the station. It also notes that the station had the highest afternoon...