InterMedia's Sokol: Buying Into the Puerto Rican Market
- Guarded optimism in Louisiana. Miller, Mark K. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/28/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 23, p31
Focuses on the television market in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Competition in the news market between ABC affiliate WBRZ(TV) and CBS affiliate WAFB (TV); Impact of the Baton Rouge economy on the market; Details about the financial situation of Cheramie television station.
- Big three nets flat for 2nd quarter; syndication sales appear stronger. English, Jim // MediaWeek;8/23/93, Vol. 3 Issue 34, p6
Discusses the performance of television stations in the second quarter of 1993. Prime time spending; Daytime spending; Syndication.
- Revenue reports spell good news for TV groups. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;04/27/98, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p18
Presents financial information for a number of television stations in the United States, for the period ended March 31, 1998. Broadcast operating profits reported by Tribune; Finances posted by Pulitzer Broadcasting; Information on Meredith, Univision and Granite Broadcasting.
- Olympics boost station revenue in February. GF // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/94, Vol. 124 Issue 14, p33
Reports on the increase in television station revenue in February 1994. Monthly time-sales survey by the Television Bureau of Advertising; Local revenue; Spot revenue.
- 2nd-quarter pick up for TV. GF // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/93, Vol. 123 Issue 32, p42
Presents updates on second-quarter financial results for television station group owners for 1993. Doubling of cash flow at Gaylord Broadcasting; Revenue for BHC Communications-held TV stations; More.
- Sweeping rebound for stations market. Miles, Laureen // MediaWeek;4/25/94, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the financial gains of television stations. Sales; Broadcast ratings; Increase in advertising activity; First quarter 1994 revenue of Pulitzer Broadcasting's stations; Tribune Co.'s revenue gain.
- Big 3 wary, but not too worried over new networks. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/93, Vol. 123 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the impact of a possible fifth or sixth television network on the ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox networks. Possibility that the probable program services could gain a large bulk of the viewing audience; Reactions to the prospect of Paramount or Warner getting significant distribution;...
- Fundesco report fids crisis in Spanish TV. Jones, Dow // Variety;1/2/95, Vol. 357 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on the report of Fundesco stating that the Spanish television stations are in deep crisis. Private television which are struggling to stay afloat; State-owned stations which lost the identity and quality to compete; Expected loss of Television Espanola; Telecinco's loss amounting six...
- Six nets can't survive. Dupree, Scotty // MediaWeek;4/29/96, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p5
Reports on the advertising market's inability to support broadcast television networks in the long-run. Factors that determine the network viability in the long-term; Comments of Don Ohlmeyer, president of NBC, West Coast; Predicted performance of the upfront market in 1996.