Burke: Happy With The Hand We've Got
- Novatel Wireless MiFi 4082 available via Comcast. // Modem Users News;Jun2011, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p3
The article announces that the Novatel Wireless Inc.'s new MiFi 4082 can be purchased through Comcast Corporation. The company would support Comcast's promotion of the Xfinity Internet 2go by supplying MiFi 4082 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot which would provide 4G speeds connectivity. MiFi is...
- Use It or Lose It. // Multichannel News;1/16/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p31
In this article the author focuses on Comcast Corp. on the one hand stating that it never intended to build a national wireless network and on the other hand working towards it.
- Comcast lines up LAN trials. // CED;Apr2000, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p22
Reports that Comcast Commercial Online Communications Inc. will undertake a three-month wireless local area network trial in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Provision of broadband Internet services to schools and businesses; Standard to be used for wireless Ethernet connectivity.
- Wireless Backhaul Drives Network Traffic. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p18
Reveals the factors that could drive the market for wireless backhaul, which refers to transporting voice and data traffic from a cell site to the switch. Forecasted growth of the global market for backhaul by 2006; Factor that has driven the U.S. wireless backhaul market; Companies that have...
- PCIA Report Predicts Mobile Usage. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the result of the PCIA/Yankelovich Global M-User Study which predicts that consumers are likely to purchase in the future when the wireless data services become widely available. Information on how the study was conducted; Some of the surprising findings; Usage pattern and interest...
- Correction. // Wireless Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Presents a correction to the article "Making a Wireless Alternative Possible" that was previously published in the January 15, 2005 issue of the "Wireless Week."
- The platform approach to data applications. Miller, Jeff; Rifredi, Rich // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on strategies on using the platform approach for wireless data communication systems. Development efforts to boost the compatibility of platform approaches to wireless systems; Platform architecture making integration easier by buffering the user interface from lower-level changes. ...
- A Decade of Progress. Civiello, Michael // Wireless Design & Development;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p4
Introduces a series of articles which deal with the wireless communication industry.
- Evolving wireless systems: Choosing a migration path. Tade, David // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the evolution of the wireless telephone system. High-speed circuit-switched data (HSCSD) as an option for mobile access to the Internet; Evolution of the network infrastructure of global satellite communication systems (GSM); Switch from GSM to HSCSD; Costs of implementation;...