- Diversity key for Comcast. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;12/20/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 54, p1
The article reports that the proposed business partnership of Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. has lined up support from minority groups to address the issue on workforce diversity.
- Diversity Takes Center Stage. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p22
Highlights the issues discussed at the 2002 National Association of Minorities in Communications (NAMIC) conference. Increase in the number of Afro-American employees and executives in cable operators; Effects of industry consolidation on the association; Issues discussed by roundtable members.
- THE SHOT CALLER. COLE, HARRIETE // Ebony;Jul2010, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p62
This article presents an interview with Paula Madison, Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer for the media company NBC Universal. Madison describes the duties of her job and how long she has been working in the diversity field and how she began her career. She also discusses her...
- ON TOPIC: THIS WEEK'S THREAD. // Back Stage (1946-5440);2/21/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p15
In this article several people related to the entertainment industry discuss whether people in the industry could be too ethnically ambiguous.
- STOP THE INSANITY! Wilson, Trevor // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p64
The author argues that diversity has not progressed in the U.S. workplace over the past decade. He believes that the basic metrics like women and minority representation in senior executive positions was virtually unchanged, noting that women chief executive officers (CEOs) comprise less than...
- MARC GRABOFF. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/10/2007, Vol. 400 Issue 19, pS11
The article calls on the entertainment industry to honor Marc Graboff, co-chairman of the NBC Entertainment, as part of an effort to raise funds to provide medical, dental and social services to those in need.
- Diverging on Diversity. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p16
The article reports on the heated exchanges between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. on the promotion of diversity. The public had criticized both companies planned joint venture with new and expanded pledges before the House of Judiciary Committee in Los Angeles, California on diversity...
- NBCU has exciting work for diverse tech students and pros. // Diversity/Careers in Engineering & Information Technology;Aug/Sep2013, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p87
The article profiles New York City-based media and entertainment company NBCUniversal Inc. (NBCU). Topics discussed include the company's recruitment of engineers and information technology (IT) professionals, its Campus 2 Career (C2C) program, and the role of diversity in employee recruitment...
- TV biz told to prep for major makeover. Triplett, William; Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/30/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 18, p1
The article focuses on the statement of NBC Universal Inc. topper Jeff Zucker during the National Association of Television Program Executives meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada. He states that the turmoil made by the writers strike provided the NBC with the last big push it needed to make fundamental...