Betting That Reality Shows Beat Fiction
- Hit List. Ross, Dalton // Entertainment Weekly;7/23/2004, Issue 775, p12
Presents an update on issues related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. as of July 23, 2004, including the plan of UPN television network to air a reality show about Amish people partying in Los Angeles, California.
- HOT sheet. Mullen, Jim // Entertainment Weekly;5/21/2004, Issue 766, p10
Presents an update of issues and events related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. as of May 21, 2004, including the winner in the reality television program "Survivor."
- PEACOCK FANS TAIL. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;4/14/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 7, p4
Reports developments related to the entertainment industry in the U.S. as of April 2004. Audience share in the weeknight television programming of NBC Entertainment; Rating of the reality program "The Apprentice"; Competition to the television program "American Idol" on Fox Television.
- BLAND AMBITION. Wolcott, James // Vanity Fair;Aug2004, Issue 528, p128
Comments on the emergence of famous reality-television stars with nothing but copycat beauty, toned abs and a craving for the spotlight in the U.S. Key role of mass culture; Emergence of new requirements for being famous; Implications on popular culture and the entertainment industry.
- MEMO PAD. Bercovici, Jeff; James, Sara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/16/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 129, p12
This section presents news briefs on entertainment magazines based in the U.S. as of December 2005. Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner has completed an agreement with the Music Television for the creation of a reality-based television program for aspiring music journalists. Meanwhile, Budget...
- Gaywatch. Parks, Tim // Gay & Lesbian Times;6/30/2005, Issue 914, p48
Presents news concerning the television entertainment industry in the United States as of June 2005. List of reality television programs; Lisa Kudrow's "The Comeback"; Exotic dancer at "The Thunder From Down Under Review."
- An Effective Tactic for Difficult Times. // Television Week;12/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p8
The article focuses on the need for producers of reality television programs to listen to the concerns of the Writers Guild of America about the contribution and compensation of writers and product placement. Writers are fighting for recognition for their role in the entertainment industry. The...
- Going off the air. Quinlivan, Beth // BRW;6/10/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the decline in film and television drama spending in Australia 2003. Drop in local and foreign feature films; Impact of reality television shows and shrinking overseas market on local production.
- What Radio Can Learn From Reality TV. Dillard, Skip // Billboard;4/12/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 15, p53
Discusses the competition for audience members between radio and television in an era in which reality television programming is prominent. In the early television era, radio reacted to TV's incursion on its turf by reinventing itself to concentrate on music, ceding the longform programming...