PAST IS PROLOGUE
- GET PUMPED. Cavette, Chris // Fire Chief;Aug2004, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p110
Reports on the innovations in the design of pumping machinery in the U.S. Range of ratings of engine-driven pumps manufactured by American LaFrance; Corrosion-resistant advantage of midship pump by W.S. Darley; Configurations of power-take-off pumps by Waterous Co. INSET: 21ST-CENTURY CORROSION.
- DANIELS' DEAL CLOSER. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/5/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p1A
The article reports on the performance of the Indiana Economic Development Corp. (IEDC) when it comes to negotiating deals with investors. Despite the fact that it was not able to close the deal with fire-engine maker American LaFrance, the IEDC has accomplished more dealings in its 15 years of...
- Making a big splash. Wilson, Marilyn // Fleet Owner;Sep97, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p18
Presents information on the official opening of the American LaFrance manufacturing plant and museum. Detailed information on the `wet down' ceremony; What does the plant opening represents; Alliance between American LaFrance and Aerial Innovations.
- Hydraulic hybrid brakes get tested on Los Angeles refuse truck fleet. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2007, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that Bosch Rexroth is working with the Los Angeles Department of Public Works in California to study the benefits of hydraulic hybrid technology in its refuse truck fleet. The project involves Bosch Rexroth's Hydrostatic Regenerative Brake (HRB) system. Two American LaFrance...
- Los Angeles Takes Delivery of 4 Aerials from American LaFrance. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;4/27/2011, p3
The article reports on the delivery of four 100-foot LTI aerial tiller units at the Los Angeles Fire Department from American LaFrance LLC.
- Upward Mobility Advice From a "Serial CIO.". Margolis, Daniel // Certification Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p36
An interview with chief information officer (CIO) John Stevenson is presented. He has served as CIO at a number of organizations and is currently an industry consultant and president of his own company. He outlines how his career path might prove similar to others', saying that there is a period...
- American LaFrance exits bankruptcy. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2008, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that Patriarch Partners announced that, effective July 24, 2008, American LaFrance LLC emerged successfully from its Chapter 11 bankruptcy. American LaFrance also announced a restructuring of its business and a transformation of organization, processes, and a segregation of...
- bulletins. // Fleet Owner;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p32
Presents news briefs on the truck industry as of July 2002. Relocation of the manufacturing operations of American LaFrance from Cleveland, North Carolina to North Charleston, South Carolina; Credit card accepted in the automated fueling facilities of Quick Fuel Fleet Services Inc.
- American LaFrance forms new division. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2011, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p5
The article announces the creation of a new Commercial Truck Division at American LaFrance and the appointment of Jeff Cook as vice-president with the goal of ensuring the continued growth of the Condor low-cabover product line in existing and new markets and developing new products.