20 Blocks of Talk
- Topps' Gun. Janoff, Barry // Brandweek;9/29/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 34, p038
An interview with media executive Michael Eisner is presented. Topics covered in the interview include the focuses of his company Tornante Co., the usefulness of his experiences and connections with important figures in the entertainment industry, and the motivation behind Tornante's acquisition...
- BIG CHEESE. Tabakoff, Nick // Bulletin with Newsweek;2/14/2006, Vol. 124 Issue 6507, p51
The article presents an interview with Michael Eisner, chief of Walt Disney Co. In response to a question related to the profits of distribution companies from the content of Disney, Michael Eisner said that the distribution chains come on, get a lot of power, press, money, and go away 20 or 30...
- Last Days of The Lion King. Pulley, Brett // Forbes Asia;10/17/2005, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p18
The article presents an interview with Disney CEO Michael Eisner. When asked about the darkest period of his tenure at the company, he cites the death of president and COO Frank Wells in 1994 and when he underwent bypass surgery. He argues that one of his biggest mistakes was hiring Michael...
- Disney's disposables tempt lapsed renters. Sweeting, Paul // Daily Variety;10/17/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 10, pA12
Announces the release of the disposable DVD videodiscs called EZ-D from Walt Disney Co. in the U.S. Titles of movies with disposable DVD version; Marketing strategy deployed by Disney for the product; Average cost of the product.
- Made-for-video toons cash in across globe. Groves, Don // Variety;9/2/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the success of the made-for-video cartoons produced by Disney Video Premieres. DTV titles released by Disney; Average production budget for the video; Successful animation titles.
- Disney Online adds content. Snyder, Beth // Advertising Age;11/3/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 44, p52
This article reports on the expansion of Disney Online, the Internet arm of Walt Disney Co., on November 3, 1997, adding new content and channels designed to go beyond the typical corporate promotional Web site. Users at www.disney.com will now find four channels on a navigational pad on the...
- Eisner Opens Online Studio. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/18/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p10
The article reports that The Tornante Co. has launched a Web-based studio called Vuguro which will develop short-form content for online distribution. The company's chief executive officer, Michael Eisner, said that Vuguro will produce and showcase original and third-party content in all genres...
- 'Fantasia' flurry. Magiera, Marcy // Advertising Age;7/22/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 30, p41
This article reports on the plan of Walt Disney Co. to raise its holiday marketing budget, an addition to the advertising campaign for the release of Fantasia on video. Those funds, plus Fox Video's $25 million effort for Home Alone and Live Home Video's $20 million campaign for Teenage Mutant...
- Disney's New Digital Plan Is Promising 'All Access' Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the launch of Disney Studios All Access, a combined digital initiative by the Walt Disney Co., which the company says will help consumers better navigate technological changes in entertainment distribution.