Will Two-factor Be One World?
- HSPD-12. Aitoro, Jill R. // Government Executive;6/15/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on the security policy, Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), administered as a defensive line against terrorist attacks and cyber threats. It is stated that the concept is difficult in execution. The theory behind the execution of HSPD-12 is to develop a...
- An Improvement of Liou et al.'s Authentication Scheme using Smart Cards. // International Journal of Computer Applications;2010, Vol. 1, p16
The article explores the secure dynamic identity based authentication scheme proposed by Y. P. Liou and colleagues. It notes that the scheme utilizes smart cards to address the scheme's susceptibility to server attacks including offline password guessing attack, man-in-the-middle attack, and...
- Practical Electromagnetic Disturbance Analysis on Commercial Contactless Smartcards. Jaedeok Ji; Dong-Guk Han; Seokwon Jung; Sangjin Lee; Jongsub Moon // International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks;2014, p1
Contactless smart cards are being widely employed in electronic passports, monetary payments, access control systems, and so forth, because of their advantages such as convenience and ease of maintenance. In this paper, we present a new side-channel attack method for contactless smart cards....
- The CISO Rises: How Is It Working Out? Richards, Kathleen // Information Security;Oct2015, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p10
The article discusses the importance of information security to protect the customer's data in the company. It highlights the use of chip cards and personal identification number (PIN) or signatures to enhance information security particularly in the telecommunication company. It examines the...
- Bipartite modular multiplication with twice the bit-length of multipliers. Yoshino, Masayuki; Okeya, Katsuyuki; Vuillaume, Camille // International Journal of Information Security;Feb2009, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p13
This paper presents a new technique to compute 2 â„“-bit bipartite multiplications with â„“-bit bipartite multiplication units. Low-end devices such as smartcards are usually equipped with crypto-coprocessors for accelerating the heavy computation of modular multiplications; however,...
- Selection of Authentication Systems for Hungarian Health Care, Based on Physiological Study Part I. The Biometric Systems. Artur, BARÁTH // AARMS: Academic & Applied Research in Military & Public Manageme;01/01/2015, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p187
The actuality of the topic indicated in the title comes from more and more events where the verification of identity might be required. Health-care is an important part of the critical national infrastructures. A primary task of the protection of critical information infrastructures consists in...
- Finding executives on EDGAR Online People. // Link-Up;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on EDGAR Online's launching of a service that will allow users to search the US Securities and Exchange Commission filings by an executive's name.
- CORRECTION:. // Information Security;Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p10
A correction to the article "Stormy Weather" that was published in the July/August 2007 issue is presented.
- How to protect your firm - and your clients - from cyberattacks. Beauchamp, Parker // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Feb2015, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p22
The article offers the author's perspective on how to protect one's company and its clients from cyberattacks, citing security as the top of mind after the high-profile cyberattacks in 2014.