Leadership From the Inside Out
- Sense of stewardship. Covey, Stephen R. // Executive Excellence;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on the importance of stewardship in becoming an effective leader of interdependent teams. Differences between stewardship and ownership; Giving up of everything for the common good and interest of the organization; Development of a sense of stewardship through common vision and value...
- The distance of leadership. Coats, Steven C. // Executive Excellence;May98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p14
Dicusses the significance of distance in leadership. Findings of a survey conducted about leadership; Attitudes of people towards their top managers as revealed by the survey; Key in effective leadership.
- Commanding respect. // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p9
Cites the results of a study on leaders admired by employees, conducted by the Industrial Society.
- Second bananas. Heenan, David A. // Across the Board;Feb96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Looks at the role of persons who are second in command in various areas. Comments from key persons; How they support the leaders. INSET: Avoiding the Quayle paradox, by D.H..
- Selecting leaders. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Spring1995, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p9
Discusses factors to consider in selecting leaders. Occurrence of the halo effect; Selection criteria; Recommendations to improve selection decisions.
- Leadership as a calling. Evans, Robert C. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p76
Elaborates on the concept of true leaders and leadership. Leader's motives; Qualities of a true leader; Leadership as a form of heroism.
- The leverage of leadership. Verdon, Ray // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p58
Posits that corporate leadership should be leveraged, that is, the collective mind of a team is more effective that each mind singularly. Necessity of leaders throughout the organization; Steps in becoming a leader; Subjective laws of leadership.
- Leadership is a group activity. Hodgson, Richard // Business Quarterly;Autumn95, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p104
Quotes Richard Hodgson on his views on leadership as a group activity. Leadership as a collective, creative and responsible endeavor in organizations.
- Forum exec series begins this week. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p22
Presents information on the Orange County Forum's plans for its spring Executive Leadership Series which is designed for junior executives. Identification of scheduled speakers; How more details may be obtained.