Q&A: Inside the PE Body Shop
- MONEY MANAGEMENT Q&As. Farber, Lawrence // Medical Economics;10/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 19, p89
Presents question and answer advisory on money management in the U.S. Probability of spouse to share in a children's trust; Suitable deals when selling houses; Factors to be considered in investing on convertible corporate bonds.
- History instills valuable investment lessons, morals. Corbin, David; Villegas, Melissa // Fort Worth Business Press;6/13/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p34
Offers tips on managing investments. Need to let the buyer always set the initial price; Supremacy of markets over one individual or a firm; Difficulty of changing an established market system.
- Extreme spice in Australia. Yearsley, Ben // Money Marketing;8/25/2005, p20
Reports that the ACDS Australian Natural Resources Fund from Oceanic Asset Management will invest in small to medium-size cap stocks. Addition of to other commodity funds on the financial market; Discussion of the fund's features and benefits; Web site for more information on the investment.
- SCAM. // Fund Strategy;4/5/2010, p35
The article focuses about Second Coming Asset Management (SCAM). It presents the author's views about the keydata fund launch by the company's chairman following the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). Moreover, the author also commented on the investment opportunity that can be...
- Time for a Portfolio "Spring Cleaning?" Decker, Gary // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);5/18/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p3
The author offers advice on updating an investment portfolio. The author suggests to avoid redundant and overloaded stock portfolio, checking automatic investments, reviewing the insurance policy to determine if the coverage is still appropriate and checking the beneficiary designations in...
- IMPLEMENTATION OF QUANTITIVE METHODS IN PROJECT SELECTION. Beric, Ivana; Jovanovic, Filip; Jovanovic, Petar // Metalurgia International;May2012, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p190
In this paper, the process of project portfolio management will be defined and presented. The sub processes of project portfolio management have been shortly explained: selection and prioritization of projects, reviewing, maintenance and portfolio reconstruction, application of project portfolio...
- PORTFOLIO RISK AND RETURNS: SINGLE INDEX MODELOF BSE 30. BANUMATHY, KARUNANITHY; AZHAGAIAH, RAMACHANDRAN // International Journal of Information, Business & Management;Aug2014, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p146
The present study attempts to analyse the portfolio performance using Sharpe's single index model (SIM) and also attempts to test the relationship between risks and return using the model. For the purpose of analysis, the weekly closing price of BSE 30 listed firms for the period from 4th...
- Portfolio Optimization: New Challenges and Perspectives. Resta, Marina // Recent Patents on Computer Science;Apr2012, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p59
Time is coming to celebrate the 60th anniversary from the pioneering work of Markowitz on portfolio selection. His main contribution was to understand that investment decisions did not merely rely on which securities to own, but on how to divide the investor's wealth amongst securities, thus...
- Leaving a Legacy. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;May2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p10
The article presents a scenario involving a couple in their early 60s who are repositioning their investment portfolio in relation to the economic downturn in the U.S. It mentions some of the assets that are included in the couple's portfolio before and after the modification. Several charts are...