- Single loaded female. Quilter, James // In-Store;Oct2003, p25
Focuses on the strategies of retail stores in attracting women shoppers in Great Britain. Increase of spending by single women; Influences of travel, dining out, mass media and magazines.
- Loyalty fades when confronted with convenience, better selection. Setlow, Carolyn // DSN Retailing Today;2/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p14
Reports that women are trading retail store loyalty for convenience, according to a survey by Roper. Kinds of stores surveyed; Factors that attract women to shop in a particular place; Recommendations for retailers.
- What kinds of products do women purchase in your store? // Aftermarket Business;Oct99, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p98
Presents answers to a question on the products that women purchase in an automotive parts store. Remarks from automotive parts store managers regarding products that women bought in their stores.
- Reebok Pumps Up New Concept. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/1/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 65, p3
Describes the concept of the retail store of Reebok International Limited in New York City. Offer of fitness-related information; Aim of attracting women consumers; Method of displaying merchandise.
- Appealing to Women is Vital for Success. Herbst, Kenneth C.; Lloyd, Harold // Gourmet Retailer;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
The article offers suggestions for store owners on appealing women customers. It states that when one has product targeting women, it has to be ensured that merchandise is at eye-level for her height. It suggests to keep the store clean as an unsightly store can be a turnoff to anyone. It...
- Flooring America. // Chain Store Age;Feb2008, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p76
The article features Flooring America, a flooring specialty store located in Hooksett, New Hampshire. Designed by FRCH Design Worldwide, the store's new prototype turns one of the more complicated retail experiences into an intuitive, easy-to-navigate customer journey. Focusing on the female...
- In the Pink. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p10
The article discusses the factors contributing to the improving women's sales at the U.S. retail industry in March 2006. Sporting goods retailers are reaching out to women because this market influences a significant share of the buying decisions for the family, particularly on the apparel side....
- Dress It Up. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/30/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 138, p8B
The article reports on the impact of ready-to-wear dresses on retail stores in the U.S. It is averred that dresses have been the standout item in 2008 among the three categories of dresses, suits, and eveningwear. In a survey, 42% of the respondents have said that they shop at department stores...
- CHRISTMAS IS COMING. // New Yorker;11/26/1955, Vol. 31 Issue 41, p146
This article recommends Christmas gift items for women available at stores in New York City as of November 1955. The items include Danish sweaters, shell bags, lingerie and silk scarves. Stores that offer gifts for women include Elizabeth Arden, Abercrombie & Fitch, Altman, Henri Bendel and...