Unleashing Creative Competency
- MANAGING CREATIVE PEOPLE: STRATEGIES AND TACTICS FOR INNOVATION. Mumford, Michael D. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p313
With rapid changes in technology, and global competition, the success of many organizations has become progressively more dependent on their ability to bring innovative products to market. Ultimately, however, innovation depends on the generation of creative, new ideas. Accordingly, the...
- Undermining associates: can he be fired? Munro, Paul // Manufacturers' Monthly;Sep2003, p17
Answers a question concerning a personnel management problem. Utilization of employee skills; Transfer of employees to another department.
- 14 Suggestions for managing scientific creativity. // Management Review;Dec68, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p25
Offers suggestions for supervising creative personnel. Determination of creativity; Maintenance of good relationship between superiors and creative employees; Job security and satisfaction.
- Corporate Creativity: Busting Stereotypes. Stern, Sam // Executive Excellence;Sep2001, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p14
Presents strategies on improving corporate creativity. Sharing of ideas with colleagues; Encouragement of employees to act on complaints; Aspect of corporate creativity.
- Up close. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/1/99, Vol. 38 Issue 44, p13
Presents poll results showing that employers are doing more to encourage employees to be creative in 1999 than they were five years before.
- Breaking Down the Barriers to Management Creativity. Whitmore, John // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Sep/Oct2002, Issue 33, p24
Discusses how businesses can create an environment suitable for management creativity. Importance of the promotion of an employee's self-belief; Promotion of an employee's sense of meaning and purpose in their lives. INSET: Sir John Whitmore..
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT. Weaver, Juanita // Entrepreneur;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the importance of creative strategies in business. Suggestions in initiating creative strategies; Involvement of employees in the establishment of creative techniques; Collage making.
- Sparking the creative drive. Erbschloe, Micheal // Broadcast Engineering;Mar1997, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p22
Offers advice to managers on how to enhance the creative ability of their staff. Throwing back of questions; Encouragement of staff participation in work group or departmental meetings; Credit and recognition for their ideas; Creation of a formal system of rewards; Avoidance of the use of the...
- Push through to spark creativity. // Communication Briefings;Jan2014, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p4
The article presents a discussion on the discovery of new ideas to boost creativity in the organization, adapted from the article "The Eureka Moment (and Nine Other Creativity Myths)" by Harvey Schachter.