Last Resort Lab - the cure for indigestion
- Bright ideas for Avoiding Consumable Mistakes. Bos, Julie // LabTalk;Oct2007, Vol. 35 Issue 158, p6
The article features expert advice on how optical manufacturers can increase laboratory quality and avoid mistakes in creating a lens, especially in the area of consumables. It discusses common mistakes in surfacing, lens blocking, generating the lens, refining, polishing, clean-up, finishing,...
- AIT to Unveil Proxima Edging System. // Vision Monday;9/21/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p052
The article reports on the launch of the Proxima Edging System from AIT Industries. The system has a sleek, contemporary design and advanced technology. It also allows laboratories to process all lens materials with the latest coating technologies. According to the article, the system can save...
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 38 Issue 15F, p38
The article evaluates various products from optical laboratories, including the NUVO blocking pad, a material for lenses from Dynamic laboratories, NXT Rx lenses from Carl Zeiss Vision, and Eye-d Progressive Lens Identifier from Super System Optical Technologies.
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;May/Jun2013, Vol. 41, p30
The article previews products from the optical lab industry, including a customized progressive lens series from Carl Zeiss Vision, the Alta Zd edger from Briot, and the Crizal Kids UV lenses from Essilor.
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 42 Issue 6C, p36
The article offers brief information on several optical laboratory equipment products including Advanta lenses from Vision-Ease Lens, LE-700 Edging Station lens finishing system from Santinelli International and CrownView lenses from Luzerne Optical Laboratories Ltd.
- EXPERT ADVICE. Atchison, Kurt; Fried, John T.; Gregg, Ian // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2014, Vol. 42 Issue 2E, p22
The article presents the views of optical laboratory industry executives Kurt Atchison, John T. Fried, and Ian Gregg on various issues related to the laboratory community. Atchison reflects on digital surfacing equipment which he deems crucial for the industry's growth. Fried discusses the value...
- it takes a VILLAGE tricks of the trade. Bos, Julie // LabTalk;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 38 Issue 06C, p12
The article presents solutions to some common challenges and problems encountered by lens laboratories. To deal with separation of the blank from the lens caused by vibration, iCoat Co. trims down larger blanks for extreme curve combination in the edger and then generate them. To avoid slipping...
- LABTECH. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 39 Issue 02E, p20
The article offers information on various products being used in optical laboratories, including Screw Loosening Fluid from Western Optical Supply, Varilux Physio Enhanced personalized ethnic lenses from Essilor, and PSI Clear lens polish from Practical Systems, Inc.
- Optronics Offers Versatile Industrial Edger. // Vision Monday;9/21/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p056
The article reports on the plan of National Optronics to release the Helix five-axis industrial edging center by National Optronics in 2009. The unit is said to be designed for maximum versatility, has a small footprint and a competitive price. Accuracy and quality are improved by the ability of...