Thoughts of Chairman Li
- Hutchison Sells Out...For Now. Chowdhury, Neel // Fortune International (Europe);01/08/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on Chinese company Hutchinson Whampoa and its decision to scale back its third-generation 3G telecommunication services. Reactions of the company's decision to drop of out of bids for telecom licenses in Germany; How Hutchinson's share has performed better than other telecom companies...
- Li Ka Shing Speaks. // Fortune International (Europe);01/08/2001, Vol. 143 Issue 1, p34
Presents the opinions of Li Ka Shing, chief executive at conglomorate Hutchison Whampoa, on business in China. How he focuses his business on the long term through profitable times and down times; Thoughts on Hutchison's involvement in the telecommunications industry; His forecast for China's...
- LI KA-SHING. Chandler, Clay; Guyon, Janet; Hjelt, Paola; Murphy, Cait; Tomlinson, Richard // Fortune International (Europe);8/11/2003, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p37
Li Ka-shing is chairman of Hong Kong's biggest conglomerate--his holdings account for more than 12% of the value of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange--and his close connections with Beijing mean he's well-placed to benefit from the China boom. Now Li, 74, is working on building an international 3G...
- RIGHTING GLOBAL CROSSING'S SINKING SHIP. Weber, Toby // Telephony;02/04/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the proposed investment of Hutchison Whampoa chairman Li Ka-shing in the bankrupt telecom carrier Global Crossing as of February 4, 2002. Creditors of Global Crossing; Amount offered by Whampoa for Global Crossing; Financial background of Whampoa.
- Li Ka-shing Retakes Richest Asian Crown. Siu, Tyrone // China Pictorial;Feb2015, Vol. 800, p6
The article reports on the corporate reorganization of conglomerates Cheung Kong Holdings Ltd. and Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. making Chinese tycoon Li Ka-shing as the richest person in Asia as of 2015.
- Li Ka-shing. // Global Finance;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p30
Profiles Li Ka-shing, one of Hong Kong's financial deal makers. Control over Cheung Kong Holdings and Hutchison Whampoa; Venture into infrastructure and property development in China.
- 'Cool! Can you get the Playboy Channel on this thing?' // Wireless Asia;Dec2005, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p36
The article reports on the meeting between California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and chairman Li Ka-shing of Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. in Hong Kong, China. Schwarzenegger wants to express his recognition of the money donated by the company to the University of California at Berkeley for...
- Hutchison to float ports business in Singapore. Jönsson, Anette // FinanceAsia;Feb2011, p26
The article discusses the port assets of Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. in Hong Kong, Macau and China's southern Guangdong province. It informs that Li Ka-Shing, richest tycoon of Hong Kong, controls Hutchison Whampoa Ltd. It further informs that Hutchison Whampoa has several businesses including...
- Li Ka Shing goes all fuzzy. Sanders, Sol W. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;8/30/2006, p14
The article reports on the plans of Chinese billionaire Li Ka Shing to donate one-third of his fortune to charity. Forbes ranks Li, who owns Hutchinson Whampoa and Cheung Kong Holdings, as the world's 10th richest man. Some 90 percent of the funds will reportedly be invested in Hong Kong and...