Still on a Slippery Slope
- Fire or money? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);10/12/2011, Vol. 109 Issue 27, p3A
In this article, the author comments on the needfor urgent service of fire departments in Texas fire incidents within the area.
- Preparing small departments for the big fire. Fetrow, Jack // Fire Engineering;Feb98, Vol. 151 Issue 2, p8
Provides information on how small fire departments in United States prepare for big fires. Activities comprising preplanning for fire service; Author's experience in a fire service; How the author organized the command of firemen and conduct a firefight; Details on various investigations...
- MANAGING EMS AT SPECIAL EVENTS. Lewis, John C. // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p81
Presents ways in managing events related to fire management by EMS providers in the U.S. Definition of a public events; Types of events and nonprofit-sponsored activities; Determination of planning meetings for events by fire departments.
- 'Managing a Modernised Fire Service'. // Management Services;Jun2001, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p4
Highlights the launch of the HM Fire Service Inspectorate 'Managing a Modernized Fire Service' Scoping Study at London Fire Brigade Training Centre in London, England on May 1, 2001. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed.
- Accountability and the incident management system. Coleman, John F. // Fire Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p56
Provides information about the accountability and the incident management system of fire departments in United States. Several types of accountability systems that are used in the country; Goal of accountability; Components of an effective accountability system; Analysis on a scenario that...
- Jacksonville, Florida, donates SCBAs. // Fire Engineering;Nov98, Vol. 151 Issue 11, p47
Focuses on the decision of the city of Jacksonville, Florida to donate 118 Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) to the Florida Fire Chiefs Association. Distribution of the SCBA to smaller career and volunteer stations in the state; Impact of the 1998...
- Annual aerial testing. Eckert, Terry // Fire Engineering;Oct99, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p123
Focuses on aerial testing to prevent accidents. Reasons for aerial testing; Types of testing; Preparation for the test; Third-party assessment. INSET: Qualifications of testing personnel.
- PROPOSED NFPA 1710. // Fire Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p22
Examines the aspects of National Fire Protection Act 1710, a proposed bill on fire management in the United States. Provisions on alarm assignments; Comparison of the response times and staffing assignments of the fire department with the proposed standards; Impact of the proposed standards on...
- WHO HAS THE ANSWERS? Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Jun2002, Vol. 155 Issue 6, p112
Focuses on the duties of initial incident fire officer during emergencies. Obtainment of accurate information about the fire incident; Need to monitor the fire situation; Evaluation of probable fire extension.